WTB: Aluminum License Plate Trim - Excellent Condition

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Posting a WTB for @Atavistic. He is looking for an excellent aluminum trim panel for his CSL.

Paging @BBOY, @rsporsche, @GK-E30M3, @Bob, @Bavman and all of the other parts hoarders! :D

I have a few but they have fog cutouts, or aren’t aluminum. Chrome versions need not apply here.

Don’t PM me, send a note here instead...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don't believe i have an aluminum one. since i have a 2800cs, mine are chrome over brass ... and the spares i have are not excellent ... so good luck with the search.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have one or two spare aluminum ones - and they are both in very lousy condition (which is why I sourced a beautiful chrome over brass piece). Sorry...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just a reminder that this was a courtesy post for @Atavistic. I’m not brokering the deal in any way so PM him.

Someone asked me about pricing on an Excellent aluminum trim plate. Here are my thoughts, hopefully rational...

You can buy a trim plate in fair condition for $50 - $150 all day. Chrome or aluminum. With a chrome plate you have the option to fill holes, sand the copper smooth and rechrome to a better-than-new result. You’ll probably be in $400 - $500 I’m guessing. The aluminum trim affords you few options other than polishing and re-anodizing. The aluminum plates are more susceptible to damage, and will more frequently have license plate holes in them. It can be tricky to find a hole-free aluminum plate in excellent condition.

I think $100-$200 is a fair price for one in good condition. I think $200 - $300 is a good price for one in excellent condition. You can’t repair and refinish an aluminum plate for less than that, and supply on excellent trim that needs nothing is relatively low IMO.