WTB manual swap parts

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
I want to do a manual swap in my 72 bavaria. I'm not worried about the transmission because i can get a dozen of them nearby, but I need the rest of the parts.
Pedals, clutch master, slave, plumbing, etc.

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
Have a 1980 633CSI manual parts car sitting in my yard. Any idea on what, if any, parts would work?

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
Have a 1980 633CSI manual parts car sitting in my yard. Any idea on what, if any, parts would work?
Ooh nice. I'm still researching it so I'm not 100% sure on everything I need.
**pedals and associated mounting(pedal box), yours is different and I'd need the whole thing- not just the clutch pedal
**clutch master cyl and lines,
**flywheel (& clutch if it's worth using)
I'm not sure, but i think I'd need the slave cyl too. basically everything besides the trans and shifter and driveshaft.

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
Let me know. It will take time and effort to remove all the parts but the entire system is present and accounted for. Shipping will also add some cost. Coming from Portland, OR

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
give me an idea what that's worth to you. I'm not in any rush as it's 100 degrees out and I just got stitches in my knee from working with sweat in my eyes

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The e9 and e24 pedal boxes and pedals are different. And you will want a new master and slave unless you can find a rebuild kit.

And you can punch out the hole in your current pedal box to mount the master.

Last edited:

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
The e9 and e24 pedal boxes and pedals are different. And you will want a new master and slave unless you can find a rebuild kit.
I'd rather have the whole pedal box to fit/modify for my E3 than just the clutch pedal, not knowing how it goes in. And from what I understand, you can't get a new master and slave

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
And you can punch out the hole in your current pedal box to mount the master.
I'm learning. but i have no idea how to install the clutch pedal. of all the engine swaps, builds etc that I've done, I've never done a manual swap

also found the master and slave is available.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you look at RealOEM you just need a longer bolt to accommodate the clutch pedal. Pedal box has a stamped hole even on the automatics which you punch out, and drill two holes to mount the master. You can’t use 74 and later pedals, they are different.

The pedal box is also the brake booster mount, kind of a pain to swap.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score

mr bump

Reaction score
Changing the wide brake pedal is a pain in the arse, it's an integral part of the steering column, so just cut the foot plate to the same size of a manual brake pedal, save a lot of back breaking messing time.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Changing the wide brake pedal is a pain in the arse, it's an integral part of the steering column, so just cut the foot plate to the same size of a manual brake pedal, save a lot of back breaking messing time.

That wasn’t been my experience. The brake and clutch pedal are held in place by a big bolt (17mm head). Once you remove the bolt the pedals and spacers basically fall off. You have return springs and actuator rods to deal with but nothing complicated. Swapping the whole pedal box would be a major chore though.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Try Bavman on this forum to see what parts he may have. I gave my partially parted out e9 to him a few years back, not sure what he has done with it. Also, if there are parts you need, try Carl Nelson who did the write up mentioned above. bimmerdoc.com

mr bump

Reaction score
That wasn’t been my experience. The brake and clutch pedal are held in place by a big bolt (17mm head). Once you remove the bolt the pedals and spacers basically fall off. You have return springs and actuator rods to deal with but nothing complicated. Swapping the whole pedal box would be a major chore though.
That's what I meant, fitting a whole new pedal box was a no go.

Bavman

Reaction score
You will be using a bolt on slave cyl, readily available.....would be crazy to use old style bellhousing with old style clutch and unavailable hydraulic parts....not sure if anyone else mentioned this...same goes if using one piece 5 spd, all use late bolt on slave and better cheaper clutch.

mr bump

Reaction score
If I'm honest, I kept the auto brake pedal for when I'm driving enthusiastically, it's a lot easier to find when its needed quickly LOL.