pictures of reassembling the sub axles into the rear A arm?

charofire

Reaction score
Can someone share any pictures of reassembling the e9 sub axles into the rear A-arm? I understand a press is needed, but some pics would be really helpful.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
uhm, not 100% familiar with US terminology I see: What is a 'rear A-arm"?
If it's somewhere in the rear suspension, I think I have plenty of pics for you. I did my full rear axle rebuild with just a big vice, nuts, botls washer and some steel tube sections.

If you talk about the 4 rubber bushings in the (what I think is called trailing arm), then I used this method: a threaded rod , a piece of tube to prevent it expanding, and a few adequately sized washers, some lube and a nut to pull the rubber in. (see pic)

Attachments

• 20150303_222825-01.jpg
    20150303_222825-01.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

charofire

Reaction score
Hi Erik - yes please - looking for pictures for the full axle rebuild that you did with a vice, etc, and any tips you have on getting those 4 rubber bushings in.

uhm, not 100% familiar with US terminology I see: What is a 'rear A-arm"?
If it's somewhere in the rear suspension, I think I have plenty of pics for you. I did my full rear axle rebuild with just a big vice, nuts, botls washer and some steel tube sections.

If you talk about the 4 rubber bushings in the (what I think is called trailing arm), then I used this method: a threaded rod , a piece of tube to prevent it expanding, and a few adequately sized washers, some lube and a nut to pull the rubber in. (see pic)

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Can someone share any pictures of reassembling the e9 sub axles into the rear A-arm? I understand a press is needed, but some pics would be really helpful.

Here is what I used when I reassembled mine. Copy amd pasted this diagram on a ms word document and made it bigger. Harbor Freight sells a Bearing press that worked fine for my reassembly as well.

Screenshot_20190525-053122_Chrome.jpg

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi, I had a look but I do not have other pictures that detail how to install the 2*2 rubbers back into the rear trailing arm / A-arm in the rear axle assembly. I member that I basically pulled them in using a long M10 threaded rod + the metal tube as a sleeve as in the previously supplied picture. The sleeve prevents the rubber from expanding, thus the only way it can go is fowards.
Then with a simple socket driver you turn the bolt and nut and you pull it in; I probably used some light oil. No powertools, here, it just required hand force (the man kind, not the child kind).

I know this because I still can see the 'bite-marks' of the steel tube into the powder coated surface of the rear trailing arm.

Last edited: