What did you do to your E9 today?

Roger S

Reaction score
Let the car out for a photo shoot for Harper's Bazaar and managed to get a few decent shots with the Manhattan skyline in the background.

IMG_8695.JPG

Roger S

Reaction score
Thank you, Ajay. I tried not to interfere but at one point I asked if the picture wouldn't look better with symmetry, i.e., all four windows open vs three. They shrugged it off; I'm guessing because a lot of interior shots were taken and the model had to rest her head. They didn't want it to look too staged and preferred the wheels sans armor all.

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
LET THERE BE LIGHT !!
Spent the morning at VSR - they connected th driving lights so they come on with the eurofog. I installed a brand new out of the box NLA euro Fog light in the back and now have the old one to sell. Any takers? $90.00 plus shipping.

Last night I tested the new lights and the re-aligned headlights - WOW - tremendous improvement

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Sorry, slightly off topic, but can you recommend a de-humidifier?

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I bought a 50 pint homelabs. dried out a my 2 1/2 car uninsulated, brick floor, high ceiling garage in about 36 hours. Two speeds, good reviews, Energy Star(now running for a month, await the electric bill that will tell the tale) Mold on the headliner disappeared, long story, dried out the leather, vinyl, wood even the sheet metal which was tacky. Brick floor changed color. Drains to the outside with a hose.

I believe autokunst runs a Frigidaire, three speeds, slightly better reviews, ??pints. I know he will chime in with more, especially electric bills.

I will post when I get my bill. I track it carefully since we have an all electric house north of Philadelphia. However, it is super energy efficient. Monthly average to run the entire house for the last seven years: $137.00 a month - about $1,650. a year to. Warm in the winter, cool in the summer thanks to an energy efficient heatpump and the passive solar features when we built the house 41 years ago. We like to be comfortable.

Steve

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
my car came with a oem set of fogs bosch cleaned em up today with the covers lucky me
the bumper was pre drilled for the mounts
1.jpg

Last edited:

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you Steve.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve is correct - I have the Frigifaire FFAD7033R1, 70 pint dehumidifier in the garage. I chose this model specifically because it performs well down to 41 degrees. Many of the regular big-box store units that sell for as much as $200 do not perform in colder atmospheres, so that renders it useless all winter long in a semi-conditioned garage. I avarage about 50 degrees all winter, but wanted the insurance that I could keep the humidity level low even if it dips down to 45 or so in there. I do not have specific energy usage data. But can tell you that I have two dehumidifiers running all winter in that house, as well as the pumps for hydronic heat (at a minimum), and our electric bills range between $70 ad $90 per month.

True, a commercial unit will cost $1,200 and up - but getting the right low temp home unit will give you a big head start for much less.

I bought a 50 pint homelabs. dried out a my 2 1/2 car uninsulated, brick floor, high ceiling garage in about 36 hours. Two speeds, good reviews, Energy Star(now running for a month, await the electric bill that will tell the tale) Mold on the headliner disappeared, long story, dried out the leather, vinyl, wood even the sheet metal which was tacky. Brick floor changed color. Drains to the outside with a hose.

I believe autokunst runs a Frigidaire, three speeds, slightly better reviews, ??pints. I know he will chime in with more, especially electric bills.

I will post when I get my bill. I track it carefully since we have an all electric house north of Philadelphia. However, it is super energy efficient. Monthly average to run the entire house for the last seven years: $137.00 a month - about $1,650. a year to. Warm in the winter, cool in the summer thanks to an energy efficient heatpump and the passive solar features when we built the house 41 years ago. We like to be comfortable.

Steve

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve is correct - I have the Frigifaire FFAD7033R1, 70 pint dehumidifier in the garage. I chose this model specifically because it performs well down to 41 degrees. Many of the regular big-box store units that sell for as much as $200 do not perform in colder atmospheres, so that renders it useless all winter long in a semi-conditioned garage. I avarage about 50 degrees all winter, but wanted the insurance that I could keep the humidity level low even if it dips down to 45 or so in there. I do not have specific energy usage data. But can tell you that I have two dehumidifiers running all winter in that house, as well as the pumps for hydronic heat (at a minimum), and our electric bills range between $70 ad $90 per month.

True, a commercial unit will cost $1,200 and up - but getting the right low temp home unit will give you a big head start for much less.
Stephen is correct. Since my garage is unheated and uninsulated I will have to learn when to run the dehumidifier as the temperatures drop. Freezing of the unit itself and the drain hose to the outside may be an issue. Fortunately, I can switch my dehumidifier on and off from inside the house. The garage is detached.

I'd appreciated any experience anyone has with a dehumidifier and a situation similar to mine. My wife is right, I treat my coupe like an aging starlet.
And we know how high maintenance they are.

Steve