My New E9

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yesterday I fulfilled a dream by finally becoming an owner of an E9.

Firstly I need to thank @Simufly for selling me his lovely car. Simon had the car for over 40 years and obviously cherished it.

The car is essentially unrestored (it had a sill repair in the past but nothing else) and is in it's original paint. Interior was re-trimmed in leather and it's had few improvements to mechanicals but essentially it's original car.

Today I took it out for my first drive. Only a local drive to the Royal observatory at Greenwich Park, but even so I'm already in love!

Before I post some pics I just want to say thanks to @Keshav, @damienh, @The Don, @Wladek, @sandhu, @Peter Coomaraswamy and everyone else who offered me invaluable advice when I was looking for a car.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What a lovely car to start a life time of coupe romance! Great car, great seller and no doubt, a great buyer.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
haha, you finally found your coupe ! Congrats .

Type ? build year ? engine ? … we are curious :D

Sorry I should have provided a few more details :)

CSi 1974 (mid year)
RHD (UK Registered)
Full SH
~45000 genuine miles.
14" Alpinas
Nardi Steering Wheel
Full tool kit
LSD
Blue leather
Original chamonix paint
Electric Mirrors

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sad that Simon sold his E9.

Glad you picked it up! Should be in good hands!

Neat car. More pics! I never really did see what Simon's car looked like.

Anyone know if he has another?

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yesterday I fulfilled a dream by finally becoming an owner of an E9.

Firstly I need to thank @Simufly for selling me his lovely car. Simon had the car for over 40 years and obviously cherished it.

The car is essentially unrestored (it had a sill repair in the past but nothing else) and is in it's original paint. Interior was re-trimmed in leather and it's had few improvements to mechanicals but essentially it's original car.

Today I took it out for my first drive. Only a local drive to the Royal observatory at Greenwich Park, but even so I'm already in love!

Before I post some pics I just want to say thanks to @Keshav, @damienh, @The Don, @Wladek, @sandhu, @Peter Coomaraswamy and everyone else who offered me invaluable advice when I was looking for a car.

View attachment 68474View attachment 68475
Congratulations! A really lovely looking CSi :)

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Forgot to say, I love the vinyl roof. I couldn't do it over here, but over there, I'd have to have it. When I first saw one in England, many years ago, I thought it was a trick played by Jaguar neighbors on the poor gentleman...Today, it just looks proper.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Finally Michael buys a E9 csi and the search is finally over ....great buy

Simufly ...sold you his csi after owning it 40yrs .. wow

It has gone to a good home