Ford versus Ferarri

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Saw Ford vs Ferarri last night. Both fun and interesting to see. Even wife who is totally not into cars enjoyed it. The movie was long, over 2 hours, and not a dull moment. Both Matt Damon and Christian Bale did a great job.

dbower

Reaction score
Saw it tonight. A little fast and loose with some facts (as I recall them), but that's editorial license. Fun racing scenes and some hokey personality drama. I enjoyed it.

And based on the previews, we can add another film in which an E9 appears: "Knives Out"

Don

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As @zinz and I have discussed ad nauseam, I think it should be called “Ford vs Ken Miles” and yes even with the inconsistencies and usual Hollywood cliches all in all a fun movie.

Last edited:

shanon

Reaction score
A fun ride and yes, a long flick.

IIRC, based on the book 'Go Like Hell', which is a quick read, pun intended.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We are seeing it today ii Imax. Both my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Having just become interested in 'furrin' cars in the mid 1960's (living in a new area and culture), I was quite aware of the 'big picture' associated with both Henry and Ezio and the LeMans race. Don't know if the details were portrayed accurately, but did enjoy.

When visiting LeMans area a few years ago, I drove the circuit three times 'for fun' in a rental car. There seemed to be a lot more trees along the road in the movie, but that could just be changes over the ~50 years between the mid 60's and the mid 201X's. I also remembered being on the Mt Tremblant track with one of those mid-60's Ferrari LeMans cars. Saw it in my rear view mirror (briefly) and again the the windshield (briefly). Those appearances seemed way too frequent during our 25 minute runs. Same thing happened with a Porsche 962 (their LeMans car of the late 80's) at Watkins Glen one time.

Leo Beebe appears to be a 'bad guy' in the movie. He lived in the Philly area for a long time after he left Ford. There was an article about him (and his portrayal) in the Philly Inquirer this past weekend. NOBODY that the investigator talked with had any recollection of him being the type of person portrayed in the movie. He was seen as a very knowledgable business man, a mentor, and a good person by everyone who was interviewed. Again - Hollywood spins things to make them more dramatic (not uncommon as they view results as more important than principles). I just hate to see a reportedly good man's reputation sullied for the sake of entertainment (movies or politics).

Gary

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I haven't seen the film, but I have seen "The 24 Hour War" on Amazon. It's a good documentary with much better timelines, sequencing of events. My wife watched it with me, which was surprising. :D

We are seeing it today ii Imax.

Apparently Leo Beebe is made to be a 'bad guy' in the movie. He lived in the Philly area for a long time after he left Ford. There was an article about him (and his portrayal) in the Philly Inquirer this weekend. NOBODY that the investigator talked with had any recollection of him being the type of person portrayed in the movie. He was seen as a very knowledgable business man, a mentor, and a good person by everyone who was interviewed. Again - Hollywood spins things to make them more dramatic (not uncommon as they view results as more important than principles).

Gary