WTB inner sill trims, left and right

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
these are along the sills, at the bottom of the door opening
There are 2 sets of trim, one outside the seam that has a rubber trim and one inside
I am looking for the one inside, you see it from inside with the door closed
I think that part numbers are
51476740133 51476740134
hard to tell from the parts diagram

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You want the long ones, almost 50", correct? I'm sure we all want perfect, but what is acceptable? I have a pair that need a little attention, and a pair that need a little more, but none NOS. Like many things, the DS always gets more reps. Drop me a PM/conversation started, if you wish and we can discuss if interested.

GK-E30M3

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think Mark needs the Stainless Trims that Cover Carpet and other goes on Rocker

I Have Both Inner & Outer in excellent shape

Please Text 708-204-7874 Chris

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks
Dave and Chris
Chris, I will give you a call, have an old phone!
PM to Dave

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes I am looking for the inner, inboard of the seam that the rubber molding goes on

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Do either of you know the order of installation? it looks like in the 2000CS the rubber molding goes on first and then the inner trim laps over the rubber

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
anyone know if this trim, (on the door sill, inside the car) is the same or different, between the 2000CS and the 3.0CS?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
anyone know if this trim, (on the door sill, inside the car) is the same or different, between the 2000CS and the 3.0CS?

W/N has them for the 3.0 CS but not for the 2000 CS, so they must be different?

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score
these are along the sills, at the bottom of the door opening
There are 2 sets of trim, one outside the seam that has a rubber trim and one inside
I am looking for the one inside, you see it from inside with the door closed
I think that part numbers are
51476740133 51476740134
hard to tell from the parts diagram
If you don't find them, I have a complete set for both door openings, very good condition and shine.

Thank

Will

Reaction score
Hi there all we are restoring a CSL and I need one long outside sill trim with the rubber if anyone has? Are they the same left and right?
Will

Will

Reaction score
Looks like I need the left hand side. opposite to this one.

Attachments

• Sill Mold CSL.jpg
    Sill Mold CSL.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 198

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the rocker panel trims are soooo similar, good luck in trying to determine if they are different from side to side. i bought a NOS set about 7 years ago because my car didn't have the trims. they were both in their own packaging with separate part numbers and side by side i really couldn't tell the difference between them - i put them on the correct sides according to the part numbers. then when the car was disassembled for painting, the trim was removed ... and now i will have to put them back on without the part number on the bag ... and i looked at them the other day and really don't see any significant difference. i really think this is why BMW quit producing on side a while back (years ago). that's my take. anybody have a different experience?

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
The rocker panel (outer sill) trims are indeed different. There are distinct left and right versions, but even BMW gets it wrong in their own E9 on display in the Museum.
Some pics to visually explain:

Correct numbers from NOS parts:

20170531_224419.jpg

Here's how it looks like when you get it right (left part of the pic below; notice how the rubber trim end is parallel to the steel sill end). On the right how it looks when it's installed wrong (BMW Museum...) the rubber end is not parallel to the steel trim end.

20170531_224754.jpg

so, to get them right, take your trim parts to your car, hold them up on the steel rocker cover, check the line at the rear wheel arch; If parallel then you're fine. If not then walk to the other side & mount it there.