Blue Book Workshop Manuals

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I've got a pair of these in English and was wondering it there was an appetite for a PDF or an e-book version to be made as they are quite expensive and rare - so I'm told.
My thinking here is they are probably out of copyright.
This may already exist but if not I'd be prepared to look at getting it done.
Curious to hear member views on if they think there is a need for this and what kind of format would be easiest to use. This may include print on demand.
If there's consensus on the format and a demand I can look at organising something for members for a nominal fee.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Years ago I had the 745i turbo Manual scanned and put on CD.
portable and printable.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would be very interested in a good quality eBook version. I currently have the bound copy of the original but the quality of the photo reproduction is very weak. A good digital version would allow you to zoom in on the pics anywhere including when you are working in a difficult position to grab a printed book. Such as on your back under the car for example.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So how many takers if I look at paying to have them scanned and turned into a PDF or say an e-book?
I'd of thought there would be a few more takers.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scanning from the original German microfiche using a German microfiche machine i was able to get quality scans. Maybe we should look for original microfiche?

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
So how many takers if I look at paying to have them scanned and turned into a PDF or say an e-book?
I'd of thought there would be a few more takers.

funny that i just finished a complete scan of my original blue books, those were a complete set of books including the amendments until 1976,

scan quality is top, pictures look perfect, so dont you worry about scanning, it is good enough

i think it is around 50 pdf files, 99 percent is A4 size, drawings are A3 size

i plan to have them in the tablet when i am repairing the car, it looks like a good idea

p.s. i do have a set of microfiches, but i do not have means to scan them