WTB 2002

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, I had such good fortune when I posted a "WTB 2002" ad for myself on this forum, I am now posting one for a friend. He is looking for a 2002 that he can drive and enjoy, needs little or nothing and ideally he and a knowledgeable owner can see in person. But an in-person inspection is NOT essential!

His budget is $30-$40 k. Surely that will find him the car that he wants even in this over heated market.

Of course he would prefer a Roundie but the right Square light would be fine.

Finally, thanks again to JMinNJ who popped up immediately when I posted looking for a special(although heretical in some eyes) 2002 for my wife.

Steve

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Eventually, thehackmechanic, will sell another one of his cars. You might see if he has any thoughts of when he might sell.

posix

Reaction score
I was looking at buying this. But decided to focus on my newly acquired 3.0cs vs spreading out too thin haha.

He’s a member of the 2002faq. Have chatted with him but have not seen the car.

he sent me tons of photos. Not a perfect car. However for 28k for a good tii is a very good price.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Keep an eye on the classifieds on FAQ

Ed Z

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This one is a particularly good deal, IMO

posix

Reaction score
This one is a particularly good deal, IMO

posted the CL listing of the same one above :)

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
posted the CL listing of the same one above :)

Good grief... I need to pay more attention. I feel bad for the guy, but can certainly understand his situation.

He sent me his dash clock last month. I took it apart, resoldered the fuseable link, cleaned, and oiled it. It runs great. After I sent it back to him he explained that he had to sell the car. Bummer.

Quick note... that car has an unobtainium Alpina dash 3 gauge pod. He had no idea it was an Alpina bit.

Ed

posix

Reaction score
Good grief... I need to pay more attention. I feel bad for the guy, but can certainly understand his situation.

He sent me his dash clock last month. I took it apart, resoldered the fuseable link, cleaned, and oiled it. It runs great. After I sent it back to him he explained that he had to sell the car. Bummer.

Quick note... that car has an unobtainium Alpina dash 3 gauge pod. He had no idea it was an Alpina bit.

Ed
yea it is very sad. i can't believe the car hasn't sold yet.....

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks, Zinz, I have sent the listing to the prospective buyer.

Good deal... this really is a well put together car; lots of very quality parts. the K-fisch rebuild is a couple grand anymore...if you can find a proper mechanic to do it.

Ed

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don't now folks' opinions of Glen Shelly's, but they always have interesting cars, even if the asking prices are often at the top of the market. This one seems reasonably priced:

https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/lafayette-1973-bmw-2002tii-turquoise/7194803360.html

1600453313179.png

He has a couple of additional 2002s on his website:

Last edited:

floridabmx

Reaction score
I don't now folks' opinions of Glen Shelly's, but they always have interesting cars, even if the asking prices are often at the top of the market. This one seems reasonably priced:

https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/lafayette-1973-bmw-2002tii-turquoise/7194803360.html

View attachment 101782

Already deleted, he must’ve been sold haha

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Too soon. My next project car is my '73 Golf/Black tii. It's 80-85% complete but not ready to sell. I've probably had 25-30 2002's over the years and this one is the most solid roundie I've seen. Virtually no rust. If he's still looking a year from now...

TodB

Reaction score

View attachment 101782

I bought a car from them 5 years ago. Alex, who writes (wrote?) for roundel, is one of the owners. Great guy.