73 CSI Melbourne

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Try GAHH You can google their website. I bought my headliner from them and it was spot on. Can't speak for the seats as I had mine done by a shop.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that provided some guidance. The wiring is now run in place. working on trying to tidy up the wood.

I have tried contacting World Upholstery 3 times with no success. Is there anyone else that I can try that does an equally good job
I am surprised, they have always been very responsive and helpful

stcos85

Reaction score
tried again with world upholstery and now GAHH as well. hopefully one will get back to me.

while waiting decided to turn my attention to the wood. my wood appears to be many different shades possibly due to sunlight. started rubbing it back but wasn't happy with the veneer so going to have a go at reveneering it. found a place local that sells it and bought a couple of sheets. they gave me some advice on the steps to take so will see how it turns out. As the wife is out tonight started rubbing down the wood on the dining room table. don't think I will be in the good books tonight.

anyone got any advice on doing this

Attachments

• 20210512_202047.jpg
    20210512_202047.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 20210512_202059.jpg
    20210512_202059.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 140

stcos85

Reaction score
been a while but now have a price from world upholstery. I did read about KHM doing seat covers. anyone bought these and have any views on them before I go back to world upholstery

paul

Site Donor
Reaction score
you know what I would do ...seeing your veneer is so far gone........I would immersion dip them.....would save you a lot of headache and it looks terrific.
I did my Pagoda Benz in Burl and it looks fantastic......you can't tell from the real thing.;)
20210907_144723[1].jpg

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
been a while but now have a price from world upholstery. I did read about KHM doing seat covers. anyone bought these and have any views on them before I go back to world upholstery

...did you establish if your seats are early ( or late) model ? . From memory , the base of the the front seats are slightly larger on the later models ( horizontal pleats ) . World Upholstery only supply early/vertical seat kits....I suspect KHM would be the same .

stcos85

Reaction score
...did you establish if your seats are early ( or late) model ? . From memory , the base of the the front seats are slightly larger on the later models ( horizontal pleats ) . World Upholstery only supply early/vertical seat kits....I suspect KHM would be the same .
I think from memory mine are horizontal. the car is a 73 UK CSI, chassis number 2264052. What year did they change the seats over?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Your CSi is an early version of the seats with the vertical pleats as are all 226xxxx VINs. In September 1973 the facelift models came out with the horizontal pleats and the lower seat cushion is longer, also, the material at the shoulder was now sewn and is not folded like earlier seats. I do not think that World’s covers fit very well either and others here have said that the GAHH leather is of a higher quality. It is best to have someone make them from scratch.

stcos85

Reaction score
Your CSi is an early version of the seats with the vertical pleats as are all 226xxxx VINs. In September 1973 the facelift models came out with the horizontal pleats and the lower seat cushion is longer, also, the material at the shoulder was now sewn and is not folded like earlier seats. I do not think that World’s covers fit very well either and others here have said that the GAHH leather is of a higher quality. It is best to have someone make them from scratch.
I can't find anyone that wants to make them from scratch locally they all want to fit pre made covers. I will have to do a bit more searching

stcos85

Reaction score
a bit of time has gone by and now ready to fit the interior once the carpet arrives from KHM. Seats have been retrimmed and the wood has now been re veneered

Attachments

• wood trim.jpg
    wood trim.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 68
  • seats.jpeg
    seats.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 74