‘67 2000CS “Concours Restored” €115,000 ?!?!

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Whoa... I’ve never seen a 1st Gen Coupe asking this much.

0D6BDB36-968C-4BB6-8F82-1F08966B4F70.jpeg

Will be interesting to see if it sells.

Ed

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ed, should the entire seat be perforated, I’ve only seen center section like that. Blocks under trunk torsion bars are grey, that’s a first as well.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ed, should the entire seat be perforated, I’ve only seen center section like that.

That's just odd... should be smooth vinyl on the bolsters. I see that it has the correct vinyl on the rear parcel shelf... that is unobtanium with the large diamond/parallelogram pattern.

It's missing the rubber boot height adjusters (-) 2 points

Good spot by Eagle-Eye Coomaraswamy... fortunately, I was able to save my original bump-stops for the hood and deck lid.

I've never seen that steering wheel on a CS, but I am not a wheel expert... perhaps someone will chime in.

Ed

gwittman

Reaction score
Since we are knocking off points, I don't think the rear amber turn signals are correct either. I am pretty sure my 67 2000CS had red rear turn signals. I know my 70 2800CS has the red ones.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Exactly!!

And certainly not the Deluxe NK hubcaps a certain 2000CS owner found...
View attachment 69120

Ed
Seeing cars like the Pastelblau above I am sorely tempted to do an entire interior swap - with a four speed. Although that automatic console is quite lovely.
Those are beautiful!
Would love, love to have those caps on my coupe!! To die for. But what isn't with our coupes?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would love to see the 2000 CS hit that number. I never want to see that $250 diamond pattern ebay carpet kit in a ~$130K listing. At this price point, concours mindset, and precedence, I think it is work critique:

Open questions:
Is the shift knob correct?
Are the bumper lights correct?
Is the the black piping on the fender arches in the trunk correct?
Is that a $60 ebay flash power polished aluminum hub

I’m skeptical of most wood wheels with exposed rivets. Unless they are from the 60’s, on a british car, they are usually cheap. There are a number of special NK wheels that I am not familiar with like Les Leston and others. I pay very little attention to wood wheels in general and I just don’t know about this one. The steering wheel gurus would know but they have mostly moved on from this site.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Although that automatic console is quite lovely.

The 4 speed cars sure got the short end of the stick when it came to center consoles in this model, that is for sure...

Would love, love to have those caps on my coupe!!

I don't think these fancy NK hubcaps will fit on an e9 ? The e9 cap is much smaller in diameter.

I agree with most folks who are critiquing the car... several incorrect trim items. Where's the engine bay picture? The asking price is an attempt to recover the restoration hourly rate... Never gonna happen IMO.

Ed

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Gear knob is correct, same as early 2002
Bumper lights look like early ones same as e9
Black trim is not correct

Good info. I still think the bumper lights are late aftermarket replacements for early bumper lights.

Well it looks like the pics are dead but I would expect them to look like this:
58BB9FB0-FC4D-4031-ABA7-2E53E3F6E5C8.jpeg

Instead of this, as seen on the 2000 ad:
51391E95-8D96-43DC-9E03-C5BA353FAC5B.jpeg