14" tire choices...hhmmmm

shanon

Reaction score
howdy coupsters,

glad to see the board back up, was freaking out there, amazing how productive I was while it was down.......:cool:

time to make a tire choice for my very manipulated 'bucket'..(its MUCH, Much lighter now & has racing/track suspension (STIFF!) with rolled/flared fenders)

interested in opinions regarding 14" tire sizes (wheels are 14x7) and looking at fat 225/60s in older design (BFG Radial TAs) or 205/60s in newer model (BFG Traction TA Hs)...same price basically (Tirerack)

Wondering if more technology is better than more meat.......?

TIA!
-shanon
BTW-larger wheels not an option currently.........

YBNormal

Reaction score
Yokohama, son of Teuton

Hey Shanon! Have you considered the Yokohama Avid S/T? They are a better performer than the BFG's according to Tire Rack, and they are also available in both 215 and 225/60. Less chance of fender problems with 215's on the front plus a tad more rake. That's my plan if/when my wheels get here from Toronto via PA, but that's another (long) story.

The other option is the Firestone Firehawk, the best performer but with the questionable graphics. I'd paint all those white letters black or mount them on the inside. Too bad they didn't make just the "Firestone" white instead. The "Goodyear" white logo would also be cool if they made good tires for our mounts, unfortunately not the case.

shanon

Reaction score
shanon

thx for the tip

just ordered the Yoko 225/60-14s....

looking forward to seeing my 'special bucket' on the ground finally with some BIG meats!! :twisted:

gracias
-shanon