1958 BMW 507 at Sotheby's

Alice Couper

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Rare 1958 BMW Could Fetch €2 Million at RM Sotheby’s Paris Auction

A rare 1958 BMW 507, which retains its original engine but has been meticulously restored otherwise, is expected to sell for between €1.7 million and €2 million (US$1.9 million and US$2.2 million) at a Paris auction in February.
The roadster is signed by its designer, Albrecht von Goertz, a famous German industrial engineer who was known for designing BMW 507 and BMW 503 models.
The BMW for sale is one of 252 examples built, according to RM Sotheby’s, which will host the sale on Feb. 5 during the Paris Rétromobile Show week.
The auction house will offer a selection of 21 iconic and desirable motor cars, dubbed The Poster Car Collection as they were wall posters for car enthusiasts.

im-126694

m_thompson

Reaction score
We met Albrecht von Goertz at the BMW CCA Oktoberfest in Rochester, NY. Nice guy. Couldn't understand why people were more excited about the design of the 507 instead of his newer kitchen appliances.

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Weren't the Rudge wheels more desirable compared to the chrome hubs shown here? Beautiful car though. I saw one in the BMW dealership in Syracuse, NY in the early 70s and had no idea what I was looking at...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For sure they were on the 300SL's

Weren't the Rudge wheels more desirable compared to the chrome hubs shown here? Beautiful car though. I saw one in the BMW dealership in Syracuse, NY in the early 70s and had no idea what I was looking at...