1969 2800 CS

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Even if it took 20 minutes to put up the top . At least they should have a photo with the top up!!

Never fond of chopped top convertable!

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, if BMW made a cabrio e9, it would look just like that car. When someone goes to that much detail you can't help but admire the product.

nathanegger

Reaction score
Agreed. It’s kinda purdy. Wish I had more dollars than cents...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rek

Reaction score
Agreed that it is purdy, if thats a word for pretty in the US, but I think that it might be its only virtue. I would think that given the flex of the able-bodied CSi, driving this one must feel like it has a rubber chassis. I admire the work thats gone into it though.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Can we contact this guy and find out how/what he used for front hood shocks- that is very clean and I'd like to do that mod to my e9. I know it's unconventional but so is most of the other stuff I've done to my poor car!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm actually not a fan of the work done, and the top doesn't work either. The latching area on the windshield is a solid trim plate. Why someone would change the iconic hardtop shape of a coupe is beyond me.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm actually not a fan of the work done, and the top doesn't work either. The latching area on the windshield is a solid trim plate. Why someone would change the iconic hardtop shape of a coupe is beyond me.

Ahh, you are referring to the one for sale. Agreed that it doesn’t look functional. I assume that folks no I was omitting much of my opinion when I said “I don’t like the radio”. :)

The one in the video is exceptionally functional and also has the hood shocks that interest Peter. Despite the engineering feat I’m still not a fan of convertible e9’s. If someone could pull off soft top with a hoffmeister kink, skinny c-pillar, and a curved rear window I might think differently.

Rek

Reaction score
I have just noticed something that I was thinking of adding. I don't have a front bumper and was thinking of adding a thin chrome strip much like on this car.

What do others think? It breaks up the expanse where there is little chrome on a car covered with it.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have just noticed something that I was thinking of adding. I don't have a front bumper and was thinking of adding a thin chrome strip much like on this car.

What do others think? It breaks up the expanse where there is little chrome on a car covered with it.
I have never been a fan of the front spoiler except on a racing CSL. The thin chrome strip helps to eliminate that huge blank panel created by the spoiler. A small horizonal line of chrome looks so much better.

Rek, do you have a spoiler or is the front bumper remove with the slotted steel piece exposed. In that case I prefer leaving it alone. I like that look. Just my five cents. Steve

Rek

Reaction score
What do you think? I am undecided but it is stick on for now.

IMG_5174.jpg