1970 2800 CS at Auto Kennel

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've seen it in person and it is really nice. Paul who owns Auto Kennel is a great guy and a big part of the OC car community. He has sold a car for me in the past and I can't say enough about him and his father Ed who also runs/owns Auto Kennel. Not sure what they are asking price wise but I'm sure it will be fair for what you are getting.

jmackro

Reaction score
Boy, someone is going to be suffering sellers' remorse pretty soon.

The description on the Autokennel site says "Available soon", so I guess they haven't priced it yet. Autokennel does list specific asking prices.

Agree with GolfBavaria's comments about Paul and Ed Kramer - great people and BMW enthusiasts.

Bill Sawyer

Reaction score
I haven't had dealings with them, but I did help a friend who is very influential in the world of racing find a 930 that he bought from them. He was very happy with the transaction and the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
For those who haven’t already figured it out, the owner is Paul Cain. This coupe really is a very original and very stunning survivor and he has done an amazing job.

Oh nice I didn’t realize that this one is done! A little piece of my CSI is in that car ;)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Somewhat school me on these little guys. Did this come on some cars or is this Paul Cain trickery? Are these covering the original license plate mounting holes?

IMG_4190.jpg

jmackro

Reaction score
Somewhat school me on these little guys. Did this come on some cars or is this Paul Cain trickery? Are these covering the original license plate mounting holes?

My 2800 CS has the same two red-topped screws. Yes, they fill the holes which I assume were used to mount European license plates (US and Canadian -sized plates mount from a single bolt at the center). Someone once told me that the red-topped screws were reflectors from a Schwinn bicycle; but if they appear on a Paul Cain restoration, then my guess is that they are original.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My 2800 CS has the same two red-topped screws. Yes, they fill the holes which I assume were used to mount European license plates (US and Canadian -sized plates mount from a single bolt at the center). Someone once told me that the red-topped screws were reflectors from a Schwinn bicycle; but if they appear on a Paul Cain restoration, then my guess is that they are original.
So what does the absence of the "Blue Cloth" say? And this is a first, a Yellow Cloth. Hmmm. In Paul Cain's coupe of all places.

Are those tan elephant skins in the trunk? I have only seen grey. Anyone seen tan in another coupe.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is no tan in the trunk anywhere. That’s just a microfiber towel in the tool tray. And no blue cloths in 1970.

scottd

Reaction score
That is a REALLY nice looking coupe. It says the front seats were recovered, and they look fantastic. But the back seats look new too, right?

Scott