1970 2800 CS (San Diego, CA)

racerex

Reaction score
This is a California car which I bought from IS3FIFTY (forum member) back in 2017. My priorities have changed so sadly I have to sell the car.

IS3FIFTY bought it from another forum member back in 2010. It was sold new in Los Angeles and has always been registered in California. It was always garaged during my ownership.

It was fitted with a 3.2L from a 1989 733 at one point before my time with electronic ignition, dual 38/38 Webers, high capacity radiator, viscous fan clutch and 7-blade fan. Also fitted are Koni shocks and less than 500 miles on the four tires.

In 2012 a major restoration (pictures of restoration process available upon request) was performed which included:

- stripped the body naked and sanded to bare metal,
- new rocker and rear quarter panels (Sacio Enterprise in San Diego, CA)
- reinforced differential mount area, (Sacio Enterprise in San Diego, CA)
- side marker delete in the front,
- repainted in Fjord Blue - was originally Nevada (Peter Hogenes in Vista, CA)
- new rear brakes (drums, shoes, cylinders and lines) (101 European in Solana Beach, CA)
- new spark plugs, coil and tune up (101 European in Solana Beach, CA)
- Getrag 4-speed swap (La Jolla Indepedent, CA)
- all seats re-upholstered (Jim's Auto upholstery in San Diego, CA)
- new carpet (Jim's Auto upholstery in San Diego, CA)
- new headliner (Jim's Auto upholstery in San Diego, CA)
- new seatbelts (retractable in the front)
- took apart and lubed all the windows mechanism and motors
- polished the body line aluminum trim (Decorative Metal Finishing in Escondido, CA)
- new emblems, hood and side vents
- LED 3rd stop light strip
- new hood, trunk and side window seals
- BBS type 42 wheels.

There are a few things which have not been completed: reassembly of the under-dash, the center console and the wood (I have everything, though), fix the gas gauge (not accurate, I believe it might be a short) and the turn signals (I believe it might be the relay). Also, battery needs replacement.

Included with the car are the front bumper (good condition, straight with no dents), new roof trim, and lots of extra parts.

Clean title and CA registration. Located in San Diego and always garaged during my ownership.

Asking $35,000
Call or text 650-450-9531.

thanks,
Peter

Attachments

• IMG_20200607_120400.jpg
    IMG_20200607_120400.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 654
  • 20170225_094225.jpg
    20170225_094225.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 631

floridabmx

Reaction score
Man what a collection of cars. Tesla for a daily, E9 to take the wife out to dinner in, and r8 to beat on. I have wanted an r8 for the longest time. Ive actually tried to trade my e9 for one a few times. Coupe is very reasonably priced for sure. Good luck with sale!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
shame they didn't strip + change the color of the engine compartment to match the fjord. car was originally nevada !!!
22702715/26/70IS3FIFTYNevada
the rest of it looks pretty good and priced well.

Reactions: GDI

racerex

Reaction score
I don't know why they didn't paint the engine bay. One side benefit though is that you can see original shock towers and they seem to be in good shape...

20170225_094410.jpg

Last edited:

racerex

Reaction score
I've had lots of interest but I'm looking for a local buyer or at least a buyer who is represented by someone local. The car is located in San Diego.

20170225_093703.jpg

racerex

Reaction score
And thank you for the comments about the Tesla, R8, and E9. They are all so unique and special in their own ways. My family has grown quite a bit in the past few years and I just don't have the space or time for the E9. Someone needs to take this car to the finish line by finishing some of the interior trim (I have all the pieces), redoing some of the under dash section and wiring, and a couple other little things. The car runs strong and sounds (and looks) like a dream.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sorry, older picture of a picture, of my brave little toaster...Love me some Nevada, too. Wrong for a 76, but its a squaretail, so whatever, right? Hard to believe its been 12 years, almost to a day since I shot that...

Attachments

• Nevada 02 c.2008.jpg
    Nevada 02 c.2008.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 378

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
nevada is a nice color, esp. on the cars of that era ... and it looks great on a 2002. i'm good with painting a car with a paint from any of the years of production ... unless its a really original / numbers matching example. ceylon wasn't available on the 2800cs, but was available on early 3.0cs ... but it just looks so good on a coupe.

@Markos ... i've never seen a coupe in nevada ... but i always liked this picture. i had a friend that had a 1602 in the color and his looked great when it was waxed, the paint was a little oxidized so it didn't look as great as it could have

on the other hand, fjord is an expressive color on a coupe, but there are a lot of them.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
nevada is a nice color, esp. on the cars of that era ... and it looks great on a 2002. i'm good with painting a car with a paint from any of the years of production ... unless its a really original / numbers matching example. ceylon wasn't available on the 2800cs, but was available on early 3.0cs ... but it just looks so good on a coupe.

@Markos ... i've never seen a coupe in nevada ... but i always liked this picture. i had a friend that had a 1602 in the color and his looked great when it was waxed, the paint was a little oxidized so it didn't look as great as it could have

on the other hand, fjord is an expressive color on a coupe, but there are a lot of them.

Here is a Nevada...