1970 2800cs - Florida/Ebay

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting presentation. Evidence of metalwork on the exterior skin including outer wheel arches, side marker omissions, and door bottoms - but then it appears the project just halted. If this was stored for the past 28 years, was this work done then, or perhaps more recently?

I don't think I've ever seen the side skirt/lip detail on an e9. Is this an original detail, or the artist's embellishment?

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
nope, never seen that design on an e9 rocker cover. must be a custom fabricated cover.

It always makes me sad when I see door trims fixed with screws. For crying out loud, a genuine clip costs peanuts... Sorry, one of my pet peeves. But the seats seem to look nice. That body work is right shame too and thankfully custom not mass production LOL

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am keen on the interior bits. Not enough to consider this a parts car by a long shot, but it does appear to be relatively complete inside. Still can't get off of the "custom" rocker skirts. The sharp angular nature of them reminds me of something - I can't place it. Anyway, it they don't belong on this car imho ;)

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Got it - Toyota MR2 rocker skirts.
mr2.jpg

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like he had extra flashing off of a roof job and stuck them on. Seems like once upon a time this was a runner of an E9.....

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Maybe that would be a good finish for the entire car. Forget Polaris silver - just go with "galvanized".

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had not seen that - wonderfully inspirational.

As for the eBay auction, it appears it did not make reserve - unsold.