1970 BMW 2500 (E3 sedan) - $2500 (walnut creek)

Mike Goble

Reaction score
"There is surface rust on the doors, but the balance of the car is SOLID - beautiful floors/undercarriage - I pulled the carpet to confirm and floors look damn near brand new."

00404_7c7eS4vebcE_1200x900.jpg

00808_iWD8YTjHelO_1200x900.jpg

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/1970-bmw-2500-e3-sedan/6614528038.html

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pretty bold ad copy. Or rather, optimistic.

"It's not far from being a daily driver - will need parts noted above along with rebuilding the original zenith carbs."

Which happens to include getting it running, sourcing and installing a windshield, door glass, a fuel tank, and who knows what else...???

Bavman

Reaction score
100% original...yea, those front seats recovered with bath towel material...yup, right out of Munich.

Yes, bold ad copy.

Al

Mike Goble

Reaction score
Doesn't seem that bad to me.
I guess I'm a little jaded. I paid $2000 for mine and it was freshly painted, new suspension, new radiator, excellent interior, 5-speed conversion, new wheels and tires and a killer stereo system...

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
3-4 months ago that was a 300 dollar craigslist car here in Colorado up in the high rockies somewhere, some kid from denver stepped in front and snagged it (no huge biggie) ...he came here with some questions for a few days and then decided to get out of it, sold it on eBay for...I dunno, a grand-1100? now its 1300 miles away and ask is doubled again? Medication time gentlemen!
nurse%2Bratched.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
3-4 months ago that was a 300 dollar craigslist car here in Colorado up in the high rockies somewhere, some kid from denver stepped in front and snagged it (no huge biggie) ...he came here with some questions for a few days and then decided to get out of it, sold it on eBay for...I dunno, a grand-1100? now its 1300 miles away and ask is doubled again? Medication time gentlemen!

It’s an ultra-cool 2500 that got scoffed at more than once on the forum as the price rose. It happens all the time but I suppose we all have our dream cars already. Really though, I know you wanted it first and probably would have done right by it. If the guy listed his contact info property it may have happened.

It probably won’t comfort you to know that the guy who first relayed the $300 car on this forum removed well over $300 worth of parts from said car this afternoon.

Happy Anniversary:
https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/co-early-2500-2800-parts-car-300.25922/