1970 BMW 2800cs Another Googoutgoogout scam listing

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've said this before... a V8 swap with no photos of the engine bay. What does that make you think? His description also says the engine will be some cleaning up, yet, no photos. You can only figure that's it's a total hack job, otherwise it would be a selling point.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Have to drill through the shutterfly pics to find engine pics

https://1970bmw2800csblack.shutterfly.com/pictures/37

Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg

A wiring mess and doesn't look like has no more power brakes???

Last edited:

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Interesting cutout here. Guess it gives a nice glimpse of what's going on inside??

Clipboard02.jpg

All things considered, if it's not a real rot box, I say if it can be had for under $15k, I think it would be a fun ride; just would need a lot of work to make things right, which I fear, the wiring alone can be timeconsuming.

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting cutout here. Guess it gives a nice glimpse of what's going on inside??

View attachment 34370

All things considered, if it's not a real rot box, I say if it can be had for under $15k, I think it would be a fun ride; just would need a lot of work to make things right, which I fear, the wiring alone can be timeconsuming.
Isn't there some way to banish this guy from ebay forever?

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Isn't there some way to banish this guy from ebay forever?
Yes, click on the Report Item tab in the Ebay listing and a drop down menu comes up where you choose the reason where in this case would be fraudulent bidders.

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Some poor guy just won the auction for $13k with the help of two other bidders who surprisingly only bid on Googoutgoogout auctions. Let's see if it will be up for sale next week again for the fifth time.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Some poor guy just won the auction for $13k with the help of two other bidders who surprisingly only bid on Googoutgoogout auctions. Let's see if it will be up for sale next week again for the fifth time.

$13K is a fair price IMO...

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
$13K is a fair price IMO...
Fair price in my opinion would be the number that is reached without artificial up bids from fake bidders. In this case it looks like that number would have been $12.5k so buyer didn't get ripped off that much this time around.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
There are times that I wish I could bid against myself at auction to raise the bid high enough for the vehicle to sell. It always takes two bidders and on a rare occasion (a lot more rare these days) I've bid on a car and the second highest bidder stops way low. I'm high bidder but I know they won't release it at that price and if they run it again the following week it may go for WAY more than I want to pay. Auctions have always been a game...

Simufly

Reaction score
Yep not a great fan of ebay, although I do use it.
It has happened to me twice.
1st I was high bidder on an item but was just outbid at the last moment. The item was relisted next day by the same seller. I complained to ebay who were a waste of time: lots of placatory, " we take shill bidding very seriously, will take the strongest action etc. Result SFA.
2nd I won an item an corresponded with the seller to arrange pick up. Then it all went quiet. Again contacted ebay to help, again complete waste of time. Their response? "the sellers account had been hacked."
No money lost by me on either occasion, so Caveat emptor!

sirshorty

Reaction score
Googout has at least 2 other ebay accounts under different names that shill bid on his auctions and visaversa.
Hard to prove this as they probably set up by other people and you can't see the full account name anymore under bidders . Ebay could see all this if it was pointed out to them and the other account names given to them so they can internally investigate . I think I listed his other names in a post . I will look . If someone else knows them please post them here .