1970 BMW 2800CS Project On BAT

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's the picture I took nine years ago of all of these coupes. They weren't great then, sitting outside for nine years in the PNW weather didn't help.

010.jpg

m73

Reaction score
So this is basically a body that needs remediation.....therefore how much is it worth? As-is value would be patch pieces if you cut it up......

If you do a body restoration then add the cost of full refurbishment so you are basically buying the vin # + a few good panels

Mechanically parts are not ultra valuable so no loss-gain there....

Trim: yes, there are some items of value but also if some are worn-out such as tail-lights or bent metal pieces then not ultra valuable....

That said this could be a deal under 10K -- above that & it would take an expert to put this together and reap the benefits.....

These are not simple cars to buy & sell or do up properly-- at least not now & maybe not for some time or ever depending on what car guys end up doing --

Sorry for the long answer -- just my .02 cents

BTW I do think that that many classic car arrows are pointing BMW right now & the red-hot market will get hotter, then peak, then have its normal ups and downs at a modern level -- those old days are gone but new ones will still be fun --

Really long & random answer...sorry guys :confused::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Who was it on BAT saying that the reserve should be $10K and that was a good price based on the sum of the parts plus the driveability factor? Anyway, it doesn't matter. :D

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Who was it on BAT saying that the reserve should be $10K and that was a good price based on the sum of the parts plus the driveability factor? Anyway, it doesn't matter. :D

...as Markos reaches around and pats himself on the back!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I needed a e9-related win for the week. I’ve got a few e9 fails and TBD’s also. :)
Amazing what terminal rust buckets that will cost north, way north of $50k to make right are fetching these days. My opinion only. Not humble. That has nothing to do with it.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Amazing what terminal rust buckets that will cost north, way north of $50k to make right are fetching these days. My opinion only. Not humble. That has nothing to do with it.

Yeah, but just go get a rust-free chassis and .... never mind.