1971 2800cs $28k Looks Like a Deal

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just entering in on this one but seems like allot of work was done to it. If we had some detailed shots of the underside and rust-prone areas it might get a warmer reception, besides the overspray on the strut caps and some other goofyness it looks pretty decent, again, hard to tell without underside pics, I always like to give the benefit of the doubt and the guy does seem to have a clue about what he's dealing with.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
guys ... let it go or take it somewhere else.
I know, huh?
Wow that was necessary. Shocking a grumpy response to someone reacting to your first grumpy post (first of the day anyway). I would love to dig into what you meant by thug-boy and if it is at all related to the way his car looks. Wouldn’t that be interesting.

OK, Markos, I will respond to your dig...making multiple personalized, insult-laiden responses to pointing out rusted fenders is a thug tactic.
"Laughing it off" with insulting cartoons is a troll tactic, age-ist, and insulting as heck. Meanwhile, the florida picker will snicker.
Interesting it is that you didn't pick up on any of that.
Now, a slammed, bagged E9 is not my cup of tea, but ignoring personalized thug-like trash talk directed at me isn't easy (for me anyway.)
Neither is a moderator chosing to be sarcastic, but that (I am sure you are thinking) is YOUR right.
Please accept my heartfelt mea culpa for ruining this informative thread about a truly wonderful example of the cars we all love so much.

And please accept my apology not just for noticing the rust (not quite hidden) in the top of the drivers fender in this foto of the subject car,
but for actually saying something about it.

top edge rust.jpg

--30--

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i know i should just keep my mouth shut, but as my mother used to always say ... it takes 2 to argue. i thought that since the moderators took all of the nasty stuff off of this thread it would stay gone ... but once again, i was wrong.