1971 Bmw 2800cs for sale

cmll777

Reaction score
IMG_1902.jpg
Last Last year, I inherited a 1971 BMW 2800CS from my father. He has had the car since 1990, and he always planned to fix it up as soon as he had some free time or he retired. Unfortunately, neither happened, so this car has been under a tarp for 20 years. My brother and I planned to get it restored, but neither of us will be able to afford that anytime soon. I would rather see this car out driving than sitting under a tarp for any longer.

I found the original sales receipt. My father bought the car for $4300 in 1990 with 173,000 approx. miles on the car. Apparantly, when he bought it, it mainly needed some carburetor work. After sitting for 20 years, I am not sure how much more work it would take now to get running.

I searched for rust, and I could not find any issues, but I did not get under the chassis. Overall, the car looks to be in pretty good shape with a clean body. Obviously, the engine will need work.

I think this would best work for someone in the SO CAl area who could get a good look at the car, but I am willing to speak with anyone interested.

Here is a link to the photobucket album.
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/cmll777/bmw%202800%20and%20cooper%20s/
I hope it opens up correctly. You will notice, there is also a Mini Cooper in the album that I am trying to sell as well. It needs more work, but overall, it still looks to be in decent shape for a project car. I would be willing to accept a package deal. If the link does not open, I will email the album to anyone interested. The car is located in Temple City near pasadena.

I am willing to entertain any reasonable offers. I have not decided on a set price yet, nut I have an idea of value.

Please email me at [email protected] with any questions.

thank you,

Chris

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg
IMG_1878.jpg
IMG_1872.jpg

cmll777

Reaction score
Sorry about the pics showing up sideways. I am not sure how I messed that up.

I just wanted to post a couple more pics of the engine since it is obviously what needs the most work.
IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg