1972 3.0cs For Sale - Excellent Condition - Low Miles

T

timothyokane

1972 3.0 cs. Excellent condition. No rust. Odometer reads 52,000, but it had stopped working earlier this summer. I estimate the true mileage to be 53,000 +/-. Silver w/ blue leather interior. Glass is flawless. Paint job is approx. 6 years old. Bilsteins are 2 years old. Fog lights are 1 year old. No cracks in dash. Drives beautifully.

http://s480.photobucket.com/albums/rr166/brooksokane/

[email protected]
603-531-0103

$27,500 firm[/img]

Jonathan

Reaction score
I'm wondering why this guy didn't get his money on ebay after so many people inquired and saw the car during his first auction. Judging from the dirty engine bay, the car must have rust in certain areas. At close to 30K the car should be much better cosmetic shape. Also, with these non stock/non alpina rims, non sunroof, non 3.5L upgrade it might be hard for him to get this price. It seems like he has very few records of the car as well.

But hey, I hope he gets his price, which means all of our coupes will increase as well. Coupes are really going up in value as noted from this months Bimmer magazine and Hemmings articles...

Jonathan

Jonathan

Reaction score
And I don't see ANY photos of the underside which makes me very wary as to the "no rust" claim. Any time someone who is new on this site and advertises "rust free" (to this forum of experts )I think most of us can tell that without the photos and records it's very doubtful of the seller's claims.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
But hey, I hope he gets his price, which means all of our coupes will increase as well. Coupes are really going up in value as noted from this months Bimmer magazine and Hemmings articles...

Jonathan

you're from Philly right? Then you'll appreciate my language, don't be a dumbshit. Two magazine articles and some clown asking major dollars for a not-major car doesn't mean shit. But then, you're from Philly

Jonathan

Reaction score
DP,

This forum was not intended for you simply lament your personal opinion simply because you feel that you can do so (and youu seem very angry in doing so for no real reason of substance). I hope DanG the e9coupe moderator reads your reply and sends you an IM. Don't ruin the integrity of this site. What I mentioned in my posts was fact. Coupes all over are appreciating. Comments in Hemmings are from The Werk Shop (who is one of the premier restorer of coupes in the country) and are very accurate. I just sold one of my coupes for much higher than what I paid for it so you can't argue with even further proof such as this--MY OWN sales history of selling a coupe. And your "Philly" comment is not even worth a reply.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
DP, This forum was not intended for you simply lament your personal opinion simply because you feel that you can do so (and youu seem very angry in doing so for no real reason of substance). I hope DanG the e9coupe moderator reads your reply and sends you an IM. Don't ruin the integrity of this site. What I mentioned in my posts was fact. Coupes all over are appreciating. Comments in Hemmings are from The Werk Shop (who is one of the premier restorer of coupes in the country) and are very accurate. I just sold one of my coupes for much higher than what I paid for it so you can't argue with even further proof such as this--MY OWN sales history of selling a coupe. And your "Philly" comment is not even worth a reply.

--shrug--

1) I Like my personal opinion, no need to "lament" it :idea:

2) f.w.i.w. I don't know for sure, but this site is no more intended for you to "lament" your personal opinion simply because you can do so, Johnnie.

3) Truth is, your words seem angry

4) do you claim your view as the only "integrity of this site"? pfft

5) of COURSE the article you read in Hemmings talked of increased values if it was written by someone who restores coupes for a living. duh :idea: I like Hemmings, prolly been reading it since before you were born. But even Hemmings, like your coupe restorer, makes their living off of the car hobby, they have vested interest in your favorite topic (rapid appreciation)

Of course your sale (not "sales") history of a coupe is a valid data point, but it is only one data point. In general, coupes do appreciate. No one is "lamenting" otherwise. :?: But a review of your previous posts shows mostly fawning raves featuring inflated claims of value, these have been your general forte, Jonathan. Why the switch with this eBay guy?

Bottom line, Johnnie, IMO you over-reacted. Don't be a dick in persisting along this line. Go drive (one of?) your coupe(s) have fun with it behind the wheel. Driving 'em is more fun than thinking all the time about how they gain in value :wink:

Jonathan

Reaction score
Just drop it, DP. End it. People on this site don't want to hear back-and-forths between diverging opinions.

Jonathan

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
diverging? ROFL don't flatter yourself. We were'nt even close to a common point TO move away from, but ok Johnnie, you can have the last word :oops:

dave v. in nc said:
Jonathan....It is a tough crowd to b.s. here...

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Coupe pricing pattern for the msg board

FWIW

As one of the longest continuous multiple owner of E-9's--had 3 at one time--with first one acquired in February 1972. That one is the venerable BLUMAX that just had his 39th B'day yesterday.

Now with over 500,000 miles of seat time in Coupes I believe my testimony as to pricing patterns is valid and a number of people around the country can vouch for that statement.

For over 10 years, as an extension of my personal passion for the Coupe--I have been locating, sorting, presenting and finding new homes for excellent to outstanding examples of dry bodied Coupea for serious buyers--no junk allowed--ever.

Price of my first one starting in 1997 was $21,500 followed by my next one @ $25,000 and peaking at $45,000 about 3 years ago for a stock 1973 3.0CS in concours condition--with a number of others in the mid to high 20's and low to mid 30's. The one that brought $45 about 3 years ago just resold for $52K by the that owner. I do understand that is not a record for a 3.0CS.

I'm not suggesting that these cars are good investments--however they are a great investment in driving pleasure and when well maintained will go for many thousands of miles as has BLUMAX now showing 410,000 miles--but still in excellent condition--to display and to drive! Also, in the past 3 years on three separate occasions I have had conversations with Internationally acclaimed automotive designers who have independently approached me while displaying the BLUMAX with a similar observation that went something like this--" the Coupe is one of the most timeless designs around and at the same time are still overlooked as a fine drivable collectible" I have held that belief for 25 years!!!

I am not advertising for new prospects as my primary business interest is too demanding at this time. I hope my posting will shed a little light on what is and has actually happened in the price that fine examples of the Coupe will fetch--I stress fine dry bodied examples!!