1972 BMW 3.0CS Project for Sale - BAT

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
NMNA - Who's is this?

1972_bmw_3-0cs_15686455511bc798CCF74B33-B40C-414D-9683-DE8EAD07AD1C-940x581.jpeg

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hmm...non-running car w/shot rockers and fenders needing to come off.

Thinking RNM at $27k.

I sold my RUNNING CSi (AC/sunroof car) last year that's arguably in better condition body-wise (fr. fenders had no blisters like that!). for $28k and it took almost a month to sell!

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I like it. It a driver for sure. But it’s got the right upgrades to be a lot of fun to drive once it’s finished.

CRJ Driver

Reaction score
It’s my car. Out of network medical bills are forcing my hand in selling it ASAP and unfinished.
To clarify, this is a RUNNING car. Driving? Not quite yet.
Phase 1 was the mechanical aspects.
Phase 2 was to be the body, windows out fenders off strip & paint. The body hasn’t been touched by my hands, other than chemical protection from any further potential for corrosion.

While I agree the left fender has its issues, the right side is nice. Calling the rockers “shot” is not really accurate. The picture in the ad is of the one bad spot on the front left rocker. The worst area. The rest of the left side is good inside and out. Right side too.

I’m sure your csi was absolutely stunning Rob, while it sat unsold for a month, but mine is priced to sell.
My reserve is similar to what this “project” pictured below recently sold for.

Attachments

• 7A78D6F3-A117-4D22-BCE1-04F55E3429F3.png
    7A78D6F3-A117-4D22-BCE1-04F55E3429F3.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 311

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Cool.

I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised then at what you'll get from BAT then. I was too chickenshit to sell there as I'm sure my bucket would have been blasted left and right by the gallery.

Good luck! Hope you get top dollar!

CRJ Driver

Reaction score
Haha LOL Rob. I don’t blame you, I wasn’t sure about BAT either until I saw the result of the car I’d pictured above. WOW... the E9 world & it’s pricing has certainly changed in the past 10-15 years!

Thanks for the well wishes!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
While I agree the left fender has its issues, the right side is nice. Calling rockers “shot” is not really accurate. The picture in the ad is of the one bad spot on the front left rocker. The worst area. The rest of the left side is good inside and out. Right side too.

The definition of a “shot” rocker is highly subjective.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s my car. Out of network medical bills are forcing my hand in selling it ASAP and unfinished.
To clarify, this is a RUNNING car. Driving? Not quite yet.
Phase 1 was the mechanical aspects.
Phase 2 was to be the body, windows out fenders off strip & paint. The body hasn’t been touched by my hands, other than chemical protection from any further potential for corrosion.

While I agree the left fender has its issues, the right side is nice. Calling the rockers “shot” is not really accurate. The picture in the ad is of the one bad spot on the front left rocker. The worst area. The rest of the left side is good inside and out. Right side too.

I’m sure your csi was absolutely stunning Rob, while it sat unsold for a month, but mine is priced to sell.
My reserve is similar to what this “project” pictured below recently sold for.
did you do the 3.3-liter crankshaft ? How much clearance did you grind into the block?

CRJ Driver

Reaction score
Mark99, I personally didn’t do the crank work, was told about it by the p.o. When I had the pan off, the telltale signs were thankfully present.

Attachments

• 06BB9F30-6DD2-4A92-AA03-F499F4A1B0E2.png
    06BB9F30-6DD2-4A92-AA03-F499F4A1B0E2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 208
  • 0D6849C4-1004-4E70-A60D-B24FFD0FD4EB.png
    0D6849C4-1004-4E70-A60D-B24FFD0FD4EB.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 209

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
And thanks to Markos for the troll shootdown on BAT!
As everyone here can probably relate,
I’m absolutely heartbroken that my “forever” E9 has to go this way.

Tom

I feel for you given how close your were to getting it back on the road. So sorry you’ve got to let it go, Tom. Good luck!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Godspeed on your health issues and glws
No one, NO ONE, should have to sell anything or go bankrupt because of Out Of Network Or Out Of Pocket or ANY other kind of Medical Expense!!! My position, simple: No One Should Make a Dime off of someone else's health. No One. This is not a commodity, not a product. I don't care how we get there, but we have to get there.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
US medical health care is a huge racket. People literally die from going broke on it.

Sure hope your health improves and one day, you get another e9

CRJ Driver

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys. This group has been so incredibly helpful over the years, and it’s very humbling to be part of such a great community.

Tom

CRJ Driver

Reaction score
Wow is all I can say.

I just got off the phone with the new owner, great guy. Although new to BMW he is planning on taking the car to the top level of restoration, and it’s going to be a father/son project. I’m so glad it’s going to a good home.
Naturally, I told him to lean heavily on the wealth of knowledge found here, like I did. The best part is his address....He lives a block from Carl in LaJolla! With the close community of impeccable E9 owners in SoCal, plus Carl, I think he’ll be just fine.

Tom