1972 BMW Bavaria - $9800

Mike Goble

Reaction score
Damn! Am I missing something here? 10 large for an automatic Bav that "starts and stops"? Shirley Eugest...

00X0X_9vsEMOHHgjH_600x450.jpg

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/katy-1972-bmw-bavaria/6893890752.html

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I hope I'm not being tooooo much of a snob but I would hope someone selling a BMW, even an overpriced one would have some command of the English language

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
E3's in Schwarz "Black" are hard to find. Doesn't look like it will take much to get this one up to speed, at least for a driver. Not over priced at all in my opinion. Is it going to need quite a bit of work to get it looking really nice, sure?? But this might be one that would be worth dumping a few grand into. Cool to see if it will go to someone from here.

I was going to us Craigslist Adsaver, looks like site is down, anyone know what is up with that? Is that permanent?

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
A few weeks ago this car was listed in Linden, New Jersey for $7500. I thought that was about $2500 to much.
The photo below is from the NJ ad before the left rear bumper rubber was “Patched”.

6E3E810B-D392-4D5E-880F-EB86C6D84B1A.jpeg

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A few weeks ago this car was listed in Linden, New Jersey for $7500. I thought that was about $2500 to much.
The photo below is from the NJ ad before the left rear bumper rubber was “Patched”.

View attachment 64642
Have to agree with JMinNJ about the price. In my eyes it needs much more than it has going for it. That $5,000 off the asking price that he suggests won't go that far.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No clue either. Seems permanently down.
Ah oh, yeah just tried again myself. Still not up. That sucks, that was a great site to save all these ads for posterity. I bet lawyers from Craigslist got involved, it probably wasn't affiliated with Craigslist officially. What a bummer.

albatcha

Reaction score
Part of the ad was saved in my mind, when it was listed on the NJ craigslist it stated that it was a low mileage car, I think mileage was less than 50k, one owner, got routine service at BMW of Manhattan. Both the NJ and texas listings were up at the same time at one point, so Idk if one or both was a scam? Or if the texas seller had bought the car and was planning to flip, and the NJ ad hadn't been taken down yet. And it looked pretty clean underneath too, I was guessing that maybe being a city car it didn't see too much salty roads, compared to a car from upstate new york or something.