1973 3.0 CS in Georgia - NO RESERVE

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i might have to go take a look at this tomorrow. doubtful that over 9 days that it will stay so reasonable.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
doubtful, as only the outer islands in south georgia flooded. but i will look at it and find out what part of the state it is from.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if anybody is seriously interested in knowing more about this car to purchase - drop me a PM.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think this is the green e9 that was parked in the background of an atlanta e9 ad ~1.5 years back. That car was also listed by a shop. Probably not the same shop however. Don't ask me how I remember this stuff.

https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/craigslist-chassis.21655/

I'm curious to know what happened with the CSI shell. Somebody should have picked it up!

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it is not in the registry ... of course, i can't put it as the site isn't working properly the vin is 2240898

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Why does this car have the rear side marker lights and not the front ones? Possible either the front clip or rear end has been replaced?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Why does this car have the rear side marker lights and not the front ones? Possible either the front clip or rear end has been replaced?

The front flip was definitely reworked. The inner fender has a CSI airbox mount. You only get those with the CSI or replacement inner fenders...

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The front flip was definitely reworked. The inner fender has a CSI airbox mount. You only get those with the CSI or replacement inner fenders...
My 74 euro coupe came with rear markers only. I have seen a number of coupes with this configuration and assume the lads and laddies at DOT were no real consistent with their federalizing.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score

That's how my 2800 is. Probably up to the dealer to what extent they want the car federalized. Probably thought that the front turn signal was "good enough" as a side marker.

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
The fenders must have been replaced, and when they were they left out the connecting plates to the inner fender.

That jives with the CSI airbox mount mentioned by Markos...so, inner and outer replaced.
636416058619314711.jpg

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Here's what I think is missing on the front fenders.

41141814038.jpg

Usually, I don't like when people pick apart a lot of little details...it's an old car, they all have issues. It's just that this one initially presents as kinda unmolested just been sitting for a while, when it's definitely got some history.

Could all be quality work but definitely a car I'd want to put eyes on before buying.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's what I think is missing on the front fenders.

View attachment 31271

Usually, I don't like when people pick apart a lot of little details...it's an old car, they all have issues. It's just that this one initially presents as kinda unmolested just been sitting for a while, when it's definitely got some history.

Could all be quality work but definitely a car I'd want to put eyes on before buying.

Very well put. I like learning about the differences. Nearly all of the cars that I look at online are nicer than mine, so anything I point out isn't with any implied elitism. I think that the sentiment is the same for most on here. It's more of a technical/historical analysis. When the time comes for my car to get critiqued, I look forward to the opportunity.

Now, can anyone explain where the battery tray came from? Unless this is a factory tray, I'm leaning towards a front end collision repair. Both of my cars have major rust issues but the battery trays are structurally fine. Neither would need replacing if restored.

1973 3.0 CS for sale
IMG_0752.JPG

My rusty '71
IMG_0751.JPG

My shockingly cancerous '73
IMG_0750.JPG

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Markos said:
Very well put. I like learning about the differences. Nearly all of the cars that I look at online are nicer than mine, so anything I point out isn't with any implied elitism. I think that the sentiment is the same for most on here. It's more of a technical/historical analysis. When the time comes for my car to get critiqued, I look forward to the opportunity.

I'd like to second this. It is amazing how much we can learn from the collective knowledge of this forum. Of course, there are also a lot of zesty opinions (a recent series of comments regarding proper side view mirror type and placement comes to mind...). But I love how we're all helping one another make better cars and/or have a better car lovers' experience.

Regarding the subject car for sale, I see the bids are creeping up. It is just under $8k with 17 bids as I type this.