1973 3.0 CS M30 Stock powertrain f/s

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'll be going the 3.5L/5 speed conversion route in the next month or so and want to see if anyone is interested in my original powertrain -- long block, dual Zenith carbs, intake and exhaust manifold, distributor, and MSD ignition. The original 4 speed manual transmission is for sale too (package deal preferred).

This original M30 was rebuilt about 8,000 miles ago by a Southern CA BMW mechanic (also the PO) and runs strong. 170 compression across all 6 cylinders and no excessive oil consumption or leaks. The one issue is a noisy rocker arm; not sure what's wrong there but it might be as simple as replacing it as my mechanic has adjusted the valves a few times to make sure that wasn't causing the ticking.

Original Zenith carbs run well, including smooth idle at 1,000 rpms and cold start does work.

This engine is all original, except for the MSD ignition.

See this motor in idle action on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQVNZrU2msE

Engine will be located in Palm Springs, CA once the swap is done. I'd require local pickup by you or your shipper.

Best offer. Thanks!

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Best offer pricing - $450

In case this is holding any offers back, I'm asking $450 obo

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Timing

Hi, probably next two to four weeks. Call me if you'd like to discuss more. Wayne @ 714-421-8890