1973 Bavaria

mtiger_dds

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello all-

I just picked up a relatively clean 1973 Bavaria. It arrived here in northeast Ohio from Montana Monday afternoon. It replaces the not-so-nice 1971 Bavaria I had for many first car in 1994. My daily driver is a 2009 e90 335i.

The Bavaria runs, drives, and stops wonderfully. It looks great from 10 feet away. It does have a few battle scars and hail dents that will eventually be sorted out. It has some surface rust on the rockers, but everything else is free of rust.

Immediate projects are repairing the sunroof, sorting out the non-working horn, and re-plumbing the windshield wiper nozzles. Beyond those items, I would like to find some proper wheels to replace the black steelies currently on the car. The front seats are trashed and currently wearing seat covers, the rear seats are not too bad. I'll eventually look into repairing or replacing the front seats. One step at a time!

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Awesome, welcome, another fellow 73'. Some one off parts on our model year so don't trash anything. Make sure you keep those steelies too. One suggestion is to get them widened a bit and stagger them, no hubcaps, paint them stock grey. Makes for a cool look. I will be doing that to my set eventually to switch up the look once in a while. Throw up some pics when you get a chance.

mtiger_dds

Site Donor
Reaction score
That was my plan with the current steelies, at least as far as the paint goes. There was a pair of beauty rings and dog bowls in the trunk, but they're pretty beat. IMG_1623.JPGIMG_1624.JPG

mtiger_dds

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cool car, looks great! There is always work but that's the fun right? At least we keep telling ourselves that. LOL

Thanks!

Today the driver's door window came off the track. Looks like there may have been some rubber gaskets that held the glass to the guide rail, but they're rotted. With rain in the forecast and the window not staying up, I got it back together with some adhesive for the time being.

Reactions: dp