1973 BMW 3.0 CS Monterey area Nachtblau

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry if repost, I checked and didn’t see it. Near you Mike. Possibly know owner? Might be good buy for someone.

7F66B11E-1882-4D87-8D37-632642590B14.jpeg

floridabmx

Reaction score
Isnt that like a $20k car on a good day?

"I know I listed it for sale honey, i haven't gotten any interest in it though...."

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s a complete car that just needs to have the restoration rebooted. @floridabmx a dry complete rolling chassis is worth at the least $30,000.00. I good example is the Malaga car that sold on BaT yesterday. Non numbers matching, known and unknown rust issues, and quirky seller. It sold for $28,000.00 plus fees. This car needs paint a 5 speed all the other bits refreshed. Basically needs a restoration and it would be a good candidate for one.

byron77

Reaction score
The car belongs to a dealer called Andy Grundy who lives in Carmel, has a storage unit in Monterrey near Laguna Seca. Sells W108/9 Mercedes and the occasional E9. I’ve seen a couple of E9s he’s offered: a rough ‘74 in red with white interior and a pretty ‘73 in white with red interior.

He knows Mike Burger and I think Mike has worked on some of his cars. His prices tend to be ambitious but he seems like an honest guy. I haven’t seen this particular car.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
You could buy this for 30 and contribute the elbow grease and a few spare parts and build yourself an 80k coupe, IF the body is as clean as stated. Looks like a nice start.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You could buy this for 30 and contribute the elbow grease and a few spare parts and build yourself an 80k coupe, IF the body is as clean as stated. Looks like a nice start.
I think it needs a fair amount of work including paint, you could easily spend another $30 on it.

floridabmx

Reaction score
It’s a complete car that just needs to have the restoration rebooted. @floridabmx a dry complete rolling chassis is worth at the least $30,000.00. I good example is the Malaga car that sold on BaT yesterday. Non numbers matching, known and unknown rust issues, and quirky seller. It sold for $28,000.00 plus fees. This car needs paint a 5 speed all the other bits refreshed. Basically needs a restoration and it would be a good candidate for one.

Right, it sold for $10k less than the asking price of this car. It was still together. If im restoring a car id rather start with one that wasn't already taken apart, personally. Trying to put something back together when you werent the one who took it apart is way more worrisome to me than some rust bubbles if I plan on restoring a car.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Right, it sold for $10k less than the asking price of this car. It was still together. If im restoring a car id rather start with one that wasn't already taken apart, personally. Trying to put something back together when you werent the one who took it apart is way more worrisome to me than some rust bubbles if I plan on restoring a car.
Id rather go the safer route and deal with as little rust as possible. Unlike the BaT car, this one can be seen before purchase. Also this car isn’t completely torn apart. There’s enough info and help out there to make assembly very doable. This also scares me far less than rust. But hey, you’re from Florida, rust is your middle name. Oh and it’s matching numbers too!

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
He knows Mike Burger and I think Mike has worked on some of his cars.
[/QUOTE]

Right there we will start the bidding at $25K and work our way down :p Seriously it looks like a solid foundation and the starting points for good coupes are not going lower. It wasn't that long ago that I had to pay $3K for a complete non-running rusty coupe, but it had the full Euro interior I needed. And I bitched like hell about the price. I'd be interested except, well, I'm already a long term resident in this neighborhood.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Hope he gets it I guess. Just a lot of money to me for what it is, but then again im probably the poorest member on this forum.