Redrumm3

Reaction score
Copart Listing- CA, Martinez NMNA

https://www.copart.com/lot/37014362/salvage-1973-bmw-3-0-csi-ca-martinez

Screen Shot 04-27-22 at 01.47 PM.PNG

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think a 2265 vin is an injected car but others can confirm. Make a great project if it's solid everywhere else.

day66

Reaction score
Yes, 2265xxx should be a factory CSi. Could be the light but does the windscreen pillar look bent at the top, and is the windscreen aperture out of square? Either way may still be easier to repair than rampant rust .....

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like a nice car. They probably didn't know how to open the hood. That's an auction that I bid at every week so I can follow it if it goes to auction. I might be able to contact the manager there and have some engine pics taken.

Pillar looks okay to me. You can click on the HD in the photo and zoom in.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I agree, but....I probably shouldn't say this, but my wife doesn't wear a t-shirt that says "virgin"...I don't either, so I guess I don't have a problem with a salvage title.
They can also get sold out of the country and the title means nothing.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So sad! Wish there were more pictures. I think this could be brought back to life. Whether or not it is really a CSi is debatable. Chris?
Hello, tomorrow is the sale date for that E9 but bring back to life will have a salvage title in this case I don't want to invest 50 or 60 K on the salvage title car no one will pay top dollar for that car unless you want to spend that kind of money to just have a E9 to drive what do you think will you spend big dollar for salvage title car?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello, tomorrow is the sale date for that E9 but bring back to life will have a salvage title in this case I don't want to invest 50 or 60 K on the salvage title car no one will pay top dollar for that car unless you want to spend that kind of money to just have a E9 to drive what do you think will you spend big dollar for salvage title car?
Possibly. Thank you for asking.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The manager and crew at Copart were really great and got back to me about the coupe. Unfortunately, the hood is pinned in place by the fender damage so they can't open it. They won't pry or pull on anything that might cause more damage so they're limited to what they can do.

John H.

Site Donor
Reaction score
The manager and crew at Copart were really great and got back to me about the coupe. Unfortunately, the hood is pinned in place by the fender damage so they can't open it. They won't pry or pull on anything that might cause more damage so they're limited to what they can do.
Could make the sale a little more reasonable.....?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I asked the Copart guys to look on the steering column and there was a VIN plate added. 2265857 Not on the registry, but at least we have a little more info. Sure is clean.

cs vin plate.jpg