1973 BMW Bavaria Project!

DavidE9

Reaction score
1973 BMW Bavaria

Always kinda had a soft spot for these cars. This particular car came up locally and well to make the story short, I am the proud owner of this cool car! Its in very nice condition. Mostly original paint. I did have it for sale for a while but now have decided to keep it and enjoy. It drives so nice and now that the snow is melting here I feel the need to stretch its legs once again! From my understanding of the car it was last on the road in California in 2005. It was brought into Canada but never registered so I will need to go through the strict safety which I really have no worries about. Here is a short video of my project progress.

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-31_19-20-22.gif
    upload_2019-3-31_19-20-22.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 261

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi David! I also have a Sahara 3.0si. It's next on my list to restore and I can't wait to start working on her. I initially started work on her then got sidetracked finishing up the e9. I'll be posting lots of pictures so we can hopefully help one another as we go along. I was able to clean up the left rear door but it takes a long time as you know.

Attachments

• bit of a mess.JPG
    bit of a mess.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 225
  • silky2.jpg
    silky2.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 249
  • wood1.JPG
    wood1.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 224
  • wood2.JPG
    wood2.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 238

DavidE9

Reaction score
Hi David! I also have a Sahara 3.0si. It's next on my list to restore and I can't wait to start working on her. I initially started work on her then got sidetracked finishing up the e9. I'll be posting lots of pictures so we can hopefully help one another as we go along. I was able to clean up the left rear door but it takes a long time as you know.

Nice! Yeah, the cleaning takes the most time it seems. I went over my door panel with a toothbrush and Spray nine. Then put 303 vinyl protector on! Turned out great!

mtiger_dds

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello, fellow '73 owner!

My current is Polaris, but my first was a '71 Sahara. Great vid on the clock. Mine doesn't work, but I do have a spare to install at some point.