1973 CS restoration project

chuckfsr

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a 1973 BMW 3.0 CS, a one-owner car, owned by an executive of the Atari Computer Corporation. The car was driven between 1973 and 1980 with 76,928 miles before a dent in the nose brought the car to a shop, where it stayed, un-repaired till 2014, when I bought it. The car stayed un-touched in the shop for 34 year, and represents a true “barn-find”, with all of its original parts, as delivered by BMW, and is complete, un-modified and un-molested. However, at the current state, this is a car that needs total restoration and is not for the faint-at-heart. I started working on the car, but, given how much time I have, I have decided to let the car go to someone with more time. There is much mechanical and body parts purchased that will be included in the sale. I have 12,000 cash invested in the car and BMW parts. If the project interests you, please email me and I will send you a detailed info sheet. Thanks, Chuck: [email protected]

Attachments

• IMG_2901.JPG
    IMG_2901.JPG
    341.3 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_2903.JPG
    IMG_2903.JPG
    463.7 KB · Views: 278

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum. Suggest you post a few more pictures of your car and any rust if want to find a buyer on here as these cars hide their issues well.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome Chuck. You are lucky (as I am) to have single owner E9 ... that's rare and saves a lot of time on looking where, what and how.

Is the color "Agave"?

It looks like some bodywork has been already done in the past in the engine bay, right?

Pinstripe inc.

Reaction score
Welcome Chuck. You are lucky (as I am) to have single owner E9 ... that's rare and saves a lot of time on looking where, what and how.

Is the color "Agave"?

It looks like some bodywork has been already done in the past in the engine bay, right?
nope , this is Agave:)... on second look, it might be. Mine is a ‘72 build, ‘73 registration.
54543900-7A5D-4018-BA26-2C616BD0D38F.jpeg
54543900-7A5D-4018-BA26-2C616BD0D38F.jpeg

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Chuck - I received your write up, and you need to more accurately describe your car.

The first thing you need to do is edit the statement in your post that "The car ... is complete, un-modified and un-molested." The car is not presently complete, un-modified and un-molested. The body is not intact, the bumpers are off, and you have done metal work and applied paint in some areas. You have done suspension work, removed the cooling system and exhaust, and have worked on the gas tank and carbs. The interior has been removed as has everything inside the trunk.

Next, as Wes noted, you need to post pictures so people can make their own evaluation of the body. You are unlikely to find a buyer without allowing an evaluation of the extent your car may have rust. And people people are going to need to evaluate your metal work in great detail.

And I would recommend that you install the cooling system and exhaust and get the car running.

Good Luck with the Sale.

chuckfsr

Reaction score
Hello e9, although I am not new to e9 (my first was in the 80's), I am new to posting. Thank you for all of your help, comments and suggestions. I have forwarded a multi-page pdf to anyone that has emailed, and also forwarded pictures of the car as it sits today to those with further interest. As mentioned above, I am located in central PA. Color is Agave green, Code 071 with tan interior. Many thanks.