1974 3.0cs 4 speed, sunroof on BaT

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score

Looks like a clean well sorted 74 in stock trim. (Except for Weber’s and that “radio”) Can‘t remember the last time I saw an engine belly cover in place on an e9.
39 years owned and yet not on the e9 register??
Should bring some robust bidding when all said and done.

mpgandco

Reaction score
I thought it was Jadegrun like mine, but now I am convinced it is Agavegrun code # 071 or 076. Jadegrun is a 1975 color and only seen on Very Late 74 Coupes. I have also seen it on 530i's and 75- 76 2002's

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I tried to make it out yesterday...
C6C9E89A-F9AD-43DD-A283-5898CD0339EA.jpeg

A95518E7-83B6-455F-AB49-FCB53EC545ED.jpeg

mpgandco

Reaction score
Chris ,thanks Delia beat you to it

Thank you for your email.
The BMW 3.0 CS US VIN 4310047 was manufactured on January 8th, 1974 and delivered on January 16th, 1974 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Amazonasgruen, paint code 076.
We hope this information is helpful for you.
Yours sincerely,
Andreas Harz”

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Darn it! I have build dates for Amazonasgrun through all of 1974 but as you said Mike, Jade only appears in Nov/Dec.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is the benchmark for this car IMO. I don’t think it will get there, but perhaps I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Dohn

Reaction score
Chris ,thanks Delia beat you to it

Thank you for your email.
The BMW 3.0 CS US VIN 4310047 was manufactured on January 8th, 1974 and delivered on January 16th, 1974 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Amazonasgruen, paint code 076.
We hope this information is helpful for you.
Yours sincerely,
Andreas Harz”

I have 4310232, built on April 29, 1974 and originally Amazonasgruen! Amazing how much time there was between our two cars, with only 185 built between them. Of course that assumes Karmann was building them sequentially, which may be a stretch. The original owner changed the car to black in 1997 or so.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have 4310232, built on April 29, 1974 and originally Amazonasgruen! Amazing how much time there was between our two cars, with only 185 built between them. Of course that assumes Karmann was building them sequentially, which may be a stretch. The original owner changed the car to black in 1997 or so.
I can’t find any correlation between build dates and color in the records that I have and the VINs are not built sequentially either.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bid to $63K RNM. I suspect little things like walk around, cold start, driving videos and compression test etc. kept the bidding under $70K. Baffled as to why they’re not prepared and included from the start of the auction.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
should have sold it for that high bid.

I can't imagine that big bumpered car getting more than that. It's clean, but c'mon!

Stock suspension, ugly wheels, worn front seats, wood peeling, floor pans gooey, and those massive bumpers...not seeing anything higher.

My $0.02.

I'd rather have this for that price:

Last edited:

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
Bid to $63K RNM. I suspect little things like walk around, cold start, driving videos and compression test etc. kept the bidding under $70K. Baffled as to why they’re not prepared and included from the start of the auction.
I agree. The seller seemed lazy. If they expected top dollar, they should have been better prepared. The last minute (and repeated) claims that the car runs as strong as when they first got it, fell flat for me.