1974 3.0CS Automatic, SoCal, NMNA

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Considering what just sold on BAT for over $82K, $52k for this looks like a great deal.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'll say.

Definitely needs a PPI, but I see this going fast if it's as solid as it looks.

I really like that color too!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i hadn't seen a sienabraun in a long time - saw @milwaukeesk 's coupe last weekemd and it changed my mind about the color.
from what i can see, i agree with your assessment Rob

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Pretty much the car I've been looking for at what seems to be a good price. Hoping to get some photos back of the one just posted on Hemmings the other day in PA, but this one might be a good candidate for my OEM+ build.

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score
1667422712455.png

Man that sure looks like an 8. Only other option I guess is a 3, yeah. But an odd slightly smaller three. Like not a complete imprint.

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ask who the mechanic is
His mechanic is Tom Welles of "German Car Repair" in Costa Mesa.

La Jolla did the AC conversion on it so I suppose it is known to Carl or one of his techs. May call tomorrow to ask about it.

He is getting me some photos of the typical problem areas on these, though he says it is a very clean car.

He just installed new control arms, battery, starter motor, and fixed the safety cut-off on the transmission.

He is including a Nardi wheel BMW button w/ momo adapter for the steering wheel.

Second owner, who commissioned the restoration, was a "Bogdon" of "bring-a-trailer" fame but I am unclear who he is. He had it restored in San Francisco. Perhaps some of our Bay Area members may know of the car. I will ask who did the restoration.

He says the known issues are the cable for the moon roof recently broke, but everything aside that works. It has an exhaust leak on one of the mufflers. Cigarette lighter does not work, but it does have power. The rebuilt AC is leaking freon.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not the mechanic I was thinking it might be, this one is probably good. Close to me (5 minutes!) and I could check it out.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Considering what just sold on BAT for over $82K, $52k for this looks like a great deal.
the one sold on BAT 77500 gray color is 4 speed and you don't even need to touch the car it is much better look with this automatic it will break the bank this is the story my first E9 that I got it was automatic I was thinking what a big deal I will throw 5 speed on it and that's it will cost me maybe 4 to 5K but I end up rebuilding engine then 5 speed then I said I did all of it let do the frontend and rear-end well lets clean under the car when engine was out lets fix engine bay then paint everything new why not interior, well I end up spending more money than from beginning you decide complete restoration when you are buying E9 should be un touch or complete restored to me this car no mor than 35 or 40K that's top, maybe I am wrong but that's how it is.

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Got various bits of new info, including plenty of pictures underneath.

Guy who commissioned the restoration is a Bogdan Klopocki of German Auto Kraft in Belmont, CA. Seems his shop is reasonably well-reviewed. I am unclear if he did the work himself. Perhaps some of our Bay Area users may know him?

Also got the window sticker... nearly 17k with all the options. AC was $921.

Car has been moved up to Pasadena.

Here's all the pictures.