Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Article says it's overpriced. Not a bad looking 70's German car:

Looked it up on wikipedia, the 100 c1 has headlights like a Glas or Maserati :

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You can see the lack of character Audi had back then, low HP kind of average looking. The designers definitely sharpened their pencils soon after this.

Pretty cool car that is waiting for a big turbo 5 cylinder!

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Article says it's overpriced. Not a bad looking 70's German car:

Looked it up on wikipedia, the 100 c1 has headlights like a Glas or Maserati :
Those US spec bumpers only NHTSA could love.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Fugly.

For $9500, you can get a decent (maybe) Jaguar XJ-C. Akin to what I used to own:

20160612_185643-1.jpg

Sold this for $6700 a few years ago

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is the car I grew up in. A brown 100 LS Coupe, 1973. My mom bought it in 1976, and it was cheap (she was widow, and we were poor), for good reason. She loved the drive, went great in the snow, but the reliability was awful. The AC never worked. It's hard to imagine today any 3 year old car being as unreliable as this one was. But it did safely get us out of hurricane Belle in NC in 77, some good memories.

Traded it later for a used 77 VW Dasher (she was a glutton for punishment).

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
The latest Octane has an article on Harmut Warkuss, the designer who starting with the 100 Coupe S is credited with guiding Audi into becoming a premium brand with the design responsibility through the original A8 in 94 including the original Quatrros. Super interesting...

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The latest Octane has an article on Harmut Warkuss, the designer who starting with the 100 Coupe S is credited with guiding Audi into becoming a premium brand with the design responsibility through the original A8 in 94 including the original Quatrros. Super interesting...
link? :)

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is the car I grew up in. A brown 100 LS Coupe, 1973. My mom bought it in 1976, and it was cheap (she was widow, and we were poor), for good reason. She loved the drive, went great in the snow, but the reliability was awful. The AC never worked. It's hard to imagine today any 3 year old car being as unreliable as this one was. But it did safely get us out of hurricane Belle in NC in 77, some good memories.

Traded it later for a used 77 VW Dasher (she was a glutton for punishment).
LOL....Audi 100 LS to a VW Dasher...yes, she was a glutton for punishment (Bless her heart though). All I know is our neighbors had one of those and they hardly were able to ever drive it due to it ALWAYS breaking down. Audi was atrocious back then. Total P.O.S. cars. We had the 1972 Bavaria and it wasn't even comparable with reliability and handling. Like night and day, and of course sedan vs. coupe and the Bav blew doors (pun-intended) on the Audi. To this day I will never own an Audi because of that. I realize they have come a long way but I will never forget that......

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

E3-3.0Si

Reaction score
LOL....Audi 100 LS to a VW Dasher...yes, she was a glutton for punishment (Bless her heart though). All I know is our neighbors had one of those and they hardly were able to ever drive it due to it ALWAYS breaking down. Audi was atrocious back then. Total P.O.S. cars. We had the 1972 Bavaria and it wasn't even comparable with reliability and handling. Like night and day, and of course sedan vs. coupe and the Bav blew doors (pun-intended) on the Audi. To this day I will never own an Audi because of that. I realize they have come a long way but I will never forget that......
It's amazing isn't it; to think back then that Audi had a bad reputation for reliability, yet today it is a very different story. Growing up in the UK in the 1970s and 80s, we were subjected to the most abysmal cars that Britain had ever produced - the build quality and reliability of once great manufacturers was truly appalling. My dad was seen as a bit of a maverick by his friends because he chose to drive German cars. He started with a VW Beetle in 1972 and to this day, has only ever owned VW or Audi (with the exception of his E3 3.0Si which he's had for about 8 or 9 years). One of his Audis really stands out; he bought a 80 1.9Tdi Avant new in 1993 and owned it for over 20 years. In that time, and over 200k miles, it never once failed to start, and never once broke down. It was fabulous. I owned a 2007 A4 3.2 Quattro Avant and did over 130k miles in it; it was similarly incredibly reliable and I was always very impressed with the build quality. How times change!

2002turbo

Reaction score
I had one in the late 70s/early 80s .. while in college and then military. I don't remember what year it was. The (manual) transmission failed and I replaced it with a rebuilt unit, but otherwise it ran well. Didn't have AC. Mine was maroon. It was a nice touring car, I put a roof rack on it and did some memorable surfing safaris in it.