1974 BMW 3.0 CS For Sale in New Bern, NC

T

tibotim

I have had this car for about 3 years now and am not the enthusiast this car deserves. I bought this car as a favor for a friend’s widow, so I am looking for someone to take it and treat it right. Since I’ve had it, it’s been garage kept and only taken out occasionally on the nicest of days. I will try to tell you as much as I know about the car and I only ask for a fair price. If you have any questions please ask and I will do my best to answer.

Overall I would say the car is in good to very good condition. The odometer has never worked for me and is stuck on 63083 miles (I do have an old title from ’96 showing 060346 miles). I would approximate I have driven it 1000 miles. It can be a little stubborn to start sometimes if it hasn't been started in a while, but once going, it runs strong and smooth. I also have a stack of papers on the car of previous maintenance records, titles and upgrades.

Exterior: It is obvious to me that this car was repainted at one time. The color looks like it matches the original and is still in very good shape. The only rust I see is on the tailpipe, a small spot on the front of the hood and a small spot on the corner of the hood. There is a small dent on the front and some scratches on the sunroof that look like they would buff out easily.

Interior: The inside is very clean. No cracks in dash either. Only issues I see are: the front leather seats have begun to crack, the power windows still work but are slow and the sunroof requires some assistance to track straight. Plastic on the passenger door pull is missing. Looks like the original radio but the tuner knob spins freely. The AC needs recharging once a year but it has been converted to accept R134 freon. The fan still blows air but the thermostat is stuck on cool.

Under the hood: Engine looks clean, no leaks. Some of the hood insulation has pealed off. Dual two barrel Weber carburetors. I put a new battery in spring 2008. Many of the original German labels still in place. The air boxes near the windshield are showing their age and the tops of the strut flanges are corroded (only the flanges not the car body).

Extras: Car cover, toolkit in trunk looks complete, original owner’s manual in good shape.

Again, I tried to list everything to keep this sale honest. I am not a BMW expert so if there are any particulars you’d like me to look into I will take a picture and describe the best I can, so please ask. Thanks for looking.

Please take a look: http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/tibotim/

789478fa96941cafbc1794cf84aa1fa6.jpg

T

tibotim

Price??

Sorry I left out the price.... I was wanting to get a little help from the forum on this. What research I've done, I would say $17K is a fair asking price. Someone please tell me if I'm way off base. Thanks Again

tibotim

Reaction score
More Pictures

I added more pictures for those of you who wanted to see more. I want to stress that I have found no structual rust. I have captured all of the imperfections I know of to make this as honest as I can, so don't be discouraged by the amount of pictures I've taken. All rust in the pictures is strictly on the surface and would be easily sanded/dusted off. Much of the discoloration you see in the pictures is from the original stick-on sound proofing or dirt build up. I think overall you will find this car to be in very good condition. If anyone has questions or wants to see pictures of anything else please PM me or call (252) 626-6141. Thanks, Tim

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/tibotim/