Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
This one looks pretty special!

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Great looking original car. Best test drive video I’ve seen.
Should do quite well, bumper comments not withstanding.

Last edited:

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
agree with all above, but no shots of cavity under front fenders, which can easily be videoed. No seller so far wants to do it. Maybe 911r will be the first. For 30-40k would be worth taking a flyer, but if it is truly rust free, and they can prove it, it 's worth much more.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hurts to see how it's supported on the lift. Very nice car. Too bad they didn't bump the compression with the new pistons. Mine has similar bronzing under the hood. This has nice original mojo.

Last edited:

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
agree with all above, but no shots of cavity under front fenders, which can easily be videoed. No seller so far wants to do it. Maybe 911r will be the first. For 30-40k would be worth taking a flyer, but if it is truly rust free, and they can prove it, it 's worth much more.

Look at pics 94 & 96. The area right behind the rear hood seal on the driver side. Might just be dirt or degraded pad.

mpgandco

Reaction score
Actually a early 74. Late 74 had a power mirror and a later tool kit, as well as one piece carpet

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
@JayWaltrs, if they just did what I suggested then we would know for sure.
This is my youtube video, if you have not seen it, but it compares the rust status of three different coupes. One is my green coupe and the original car with no rust belongs to bfeng.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Actually a early 74. Late 74 had a power mirror and a later tool kit, as well as one piece carpet
Mike, #325 out of 393 makes it a later 74. I can find the build month. I believe electric mirror, although introduced during 74 build was still optional.

Edit: Sep or early Oct build date

Chris

Last edited:

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@JayWaltrs, if they just did what I suggested then we would know for sure.
This is my youtube video, if you have not seen it, but it compares the rust status of three different coupes. One is my green coupe and the original car with no rust belongs to bfeng.

Yes. I have it bookmarked. I also bought one of the cheapo Amazon phone"boroscopes." While it may download all my files to the Dear Leader, it's amazing how good they are for $40. My normal-car mechanic pulled out his million dollar Snap-On one, and I didn't want to tell him I could see it better on my phone rig.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes. I have it bookmarked. I also bought one of the cheapo Amazon phone"boroscopes." While it may download all my files to the Dear Leader, it's amazing how good they are for $40. My normal-car mechanic pulled out his million dollar Snap-On one, and I didn't want to tell him I could see it better on my phone rig.
Which one did you buy, Jay?

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like a cracking car to me. Sheltered, dry climate, low miles and lots of originality. Absolutely loved the driving video! Made my day :)

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks like the big bumpers may have been pushed in somewhat. Plenty of side photos of the bumpers and a few underside photos but none from above, and the accordion rubber pieces look bunched up. Beautiful car, especially like the dark blue interior.

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Son of the original owner has had it since 1998 and registered it on our old Registry in Reno so a one family owned coupe.
OK Chris,
Where does this one stack up with the nicest, most original coupes you’ve seen in the last 10 years?

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you. I bought one that hooks up to your iPhone several years ago but it was so bad I returned it. I may give this one a try.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Mike, #325 out of 393 makes it a later 74. I can find the build month. I believe electric mirror, although introduced during 74 build was still optional.
Edit: Sep or early Oct build date
Chris

Good to know on the mirrors--I wondered. I think the lack of electric mirrors is a bonus & wish I didn't have it. I hit the controller with my knee & don't realize it until I need the mirror and see only the ground or sky.

The more I look at this car, the more I like it.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK Chris,
Where does this one stack up with the nicest, most original coupes you’ve seen in the last 10 years?

Chris, it certainly looks very nice. It has signs of wear and patina but much better underneath than most of the coupes on BaT. Typical yellowing of engine bay paint. Some say engine bays weren’t clear coated and that is the cause and others say it’s the clear that has failed. And one family owned in a dry climate! I would ditch the funky air dam on the front bumper.