1975 2.5 CSA in Hemmings

CSL177

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Aside from the roof, it looks very nice and seems to be fairly priced. But I'd want to either fill that hole or install a correct sliding roof to live with it.
The slushbox is fine by me, and though they didn't build a lot of them I always considered the 2500 lower on the E9 list. Oil embargo specials.
Would make a great commuter or daily driver, didn't these get something like 25 mpg?

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Aside from the roof, it looks very nice and seems to be fairly priced. But I'd want to either fill that hole or install a correct sliding roof to live with it.
The slushbox is fine by me, and though they didn't build a lot of them I always considered the 2500 lower on the E9 list. Oil embargo specials.
Would make a great commuter or daily driver, didn't these get something like 25 mpg?
Considering the collection of German cars you now drive,this humble 2.5 would probably put you asleep during those infrequent visits to the gas station.....but the slushbox would be great in our south Florida stop & go traffic.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the first photo appears to make the sun roof open sideways, from right to left as you face the car.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anybody know how you raise and lower the rear windows?

The rear windows are fixed and can’t be lowered.
The 2.5 CS in its basic form had fixed rear windows, manual front windows, no power steering, 4 spd, velour (no leather) interior, no AC etc…. all the ‘missing extras’ could be ordered at additional cost.

The only other E9’s with fixed rear windows were the light weight CSL’s.

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
The rear windows are fixed and can’t be lowered.
The 2.5 CS in its basic form had fixed rear windows, manual front windows, no power steering, 4 spd, velour (no leather) interior, no AC etc…. all the ‘missing extras’ could be ordered at additional cost.

The only other E9’s with fixed rear windows were the light weight CSL’s.
That explains it! I knew about the CSL windows, but I didn't realize that there was a lower priced (and powered) model that also had fixed rear windows.

m5toureg

Reaction score
”””shiploads of “Fahren am Farhen”.””” = what is that ???
= do they mean “Freude am Fahren”” ?? the BMW slogan ?
Classic Car Dealer = shouldn’t they know better ?