3.0CS finally on the rotisserie.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My 72 coupe rebuild is finally getting closer to paint.
It was put on the rotisserie the other day to do some work on the bottom and then to paint the bottom.
I has been at this shop doing the cancer repair for about 16 months.
New floor boards front and back, complete new rockers all three pieces plus new cover. Bottoms of both B pillars.
Newer RF fender, many fender interior pieces, hand made pieces in door jams and A columns.
New nose and top piece with roundel area.
Some quarters under rear windows were replaced.
Spare tire well from a car that will become a race car and didn't need the well.
And on and on.
All the gaps are very good except the hinge side of the right front door. Metal guy is going to add to edge of door to make the gap perfect.
Most of the component pieces are completely rebuilt or are in the finishing stages.
Finally not seeing light through all the rust holes. YEA!!!

Rotisserie1.jpg
Rotisserie2.jpg
IMG_3712.JPG

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gary, knowing you this is going to be a spectacular car when finished. Can't believe it's been off the road that long!

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Today I spent a few hours seam sealing all the potential areas where water could be trapped.
Seam sealer is like epoxy. Use an air powered gun with a tube with two parts that mix together through a special nozzle.
Lot's of fun to be up close and personal with my car.
IMG_1253.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
its so great to see it coming back together so well Gary. i know its been a long + arduous task, but the result is going to be wonderful