3.0si Injection loom picture

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
Can someone either take a picture or describe how the long plastic pipe/loom with the two clamps routes along the engine? Does it sit above the injectors, or is it hanging below the injector manifold?

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
Thanks, I got it figured out. The piece of the puzzle that I was missing was the threaded spacer that is under the loom's clamp. It's not on the parts diagrams that I can find. Also those two points are finished with a conventional nut, not acorn because the threads are too long on the spacer stud and it bottoms out in the acorn. I luckily found one of the spacer studs in a handfull of "did these come from this car?" odd bits that was in the trunk. Now I just hope that they aren't NLA!

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
Thanks Luis, I'll give the dealer a call. Crazy thing is, this part isn't shown as being part of the NA market cars, just Euro. I think the '76 models might have been a transitional car, in that some of the parts aren't represented in the NA parts diagrams. My airbox is a '77+ style box, that isn't in any part diagram that I can find either. Since I got the car from the original owner who wouldn't have changed it, I'm sure it is original to the car.