3.5 fuel pump/filter conversion/fuel tank project pics

503recheck

Reaction score
I had the radiator shop add a return tube to the inside of the tank that splashes on the side of the tank to reduce cavitation. I did not want to drill any holes in the body so I built a bracket that bolts to the existing holes/bracket for the rear brake porpotioning valve. This tucks the fuel pump/filter package up above the left halfshaft and I cut the corner to allow the left control arm some room to move without contact. I added a airflow mount to the top of the bracket to keep it from hitting the body and making noise. I used a 535 stock fuel pump in a 52mm bracket sourced off ebay from australia. I built the fuel filter bracket from strap metal at home depot. I bought 5/16(8mm) tubing from inline tube.com and bent new fuel line to match the original carb return line. I put in two fuel lines parallel to have one pressure to the fuel injection motor and one return to the tank. I slipped what they call spring wrap gravel guard over the tubing to protect it from gravel and stuff especially at the lf wheel opening where it is very exposed to rocks coming up off the lf tire.
2zokzyf.jpg

vnpbf5.jpg

2hq8r5s.jpg

25h234o.jpg

oio80.jpg

28u7hh0.jpg

2rejw4j.jpg

280mydc.jpg

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, you have some outstanding fabrication skills.

Last edited: