$350,000 AU buys you this...

d-ace

Reaction score
I would like to know if there is any of the M1 850HP race cars there? I think it was around 500 for the street ones sold in 1979-80 for $210K USD then.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
As a matter of fact, the Emilio / Assoc race car should give an indication about what such cars are worth these days.

I am also very curious to see what the Bertone Spicup will fetch as this is really a special car !

Spicup sold, "the Emilio car" did not meet reserve, must have been a bowser, eh?

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Dale, I think the Emilio car finally sold (maybe someone will confirm) ... The spicup indeed sold for very serious money (€ 460k), Carb CSL was a bargain (€ 76k), the M1 Procar not as good as the estimate but got an offer at € 400k. Not sure how high was last bid for the U.K. Polaris Bat and for the black CSL but best bid for the 4355 XXX Bat was € 100k.

"Last bids" don't count. If it didn't sell, it didn't sell

You can see what DID sell (hammer) at the following link,
they won't (probably can't) go public with post-floor "deals", if there were any...

http://www.bonhams.com/eur/auction/19638/

it should go without saying that a Calder-car "tribute" is only worth to its owner what it'd cost its owner to build...certainly not 320k!

roundel

Reaction score
Emillio CSL

I heard from someone at the auction the car sold for Euro 290.000 plus commisions etc...