'71 3.0 CS For Sale - $31,500 Seattle

Bryceha

Reaction score
Originally sold in 1971 as a 2800CSA (‘A’ for automatic) to a buyer in Los Angeles, this car has been updated over the years with improved drive train components, including a 5-speed manual transmission, vented disc brakes designed for the later model 3.0CS and a 3.5L engine built in the 1980s to power European BMWs including the 635CS (not sold in North America).

I purchased the car in 2006, and proceeded to have the car restored by Peter Sliskovich of CoupeKing in Long Beach, California. The restoration included the removal of minor rust from areas around the body and floor pan, a new paint job in the original color of Baikal Blue, a new windshield, a new clutch and the replacement and detailing of many body trim parts. Other non-OEM parts were removed (front air dam and 16” wheels). US-spec reflectors at all four corners were also removed. The previous owner had recently replaced the leather interior and carpet with OEM materials. Pictures:

http://sdrv.ms/11fP8eE

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Please provide contact info

Bryceha,
Your car sounds great. Please provide contact info so I can call you about inspection/purchase. I've sent you a PM via the forum as well.

Don

Reaction score
Bryceha,
I too am quite interested in possible purchase. Have sent you a pm as well for contact information. Thanks.

Bryceha

Reaction score
Message from Owner

I've received lots of interest in the car in the first few hours of posting :) I will take some more pictures and post them to my share; they should be there tomorrow. Also, here is a link to the restoration project that was performed by Coupeking, with pictures.

http://www.coupeking.com/baikal-cs-paintjob-3955

Bryce

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bryce,

is this coupe in the registry at e9-driven.com? i didn't see a 71 baikal listed.

Bryceha

Reaction score
New Pictures

...are available at the link provided in my original post.

Don

Reaction score
Bryceha,

Great color combination! I've sent you another pm; would like to discuss with you as soon as you are ready.

bubukitty

Reaction score
Bryceha, I sent you a PM as well and am very interested in your car. Currently "Coupe-less" and would like to rectify the situation! Thank you!

Bryceha

Reaction score
Sale on Hold for now

I am a bit overwhelmed at the level of interest in my car, all within a day of posting the link. There are at least 6 potential buyers showing keen interest; many at full price. As you can imagine, it makes me worry that I have set the price too low, and furthermore I have no way of deciding which offer to accept. Finally, all this interest makes me question whether I really want to sell. It is a special car and I derive a lot of pleasure from it (especially with the beautiful weather that we are currently enjoying in Seattle). So I apologize to all of you, but I am going to take a week or two to consider my decision to sell. I appreciate your interest and promise that before I broadcast a ‘for sale’ post again, I will directly contact all of you that have shown interest. Thank you for your understanding an patience.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you do decide to sell, I suggest you go by time/date of when the offers

were made. I will say I'd be disappointed if you took a full price offer from someone that was made after my full price offer.

I appreciate your candor, and am sympathetic to your position on both price and whether to sell at all.

John

tmason

Reaction score
I'm with Bfend if his offer was 1st it's his.As far as your price,you may be alittle low for a upgraded 2800 but not by alot (35ish+ would be my thoughts).But if it were me I would keep it unless you have your sights set on another car because these cars seems to be rising in value lately as one just sold for 10K that was rolled and fixed with no engine,tranny and or paint. So can you add an engine,tranny and paint for 25K?
My .02 worth

Don

Reaction score
If you sell, get the best price

Bryce,

IMHO, if the car is as it appears, you have definitely underpriced your car. Which is why in my pm, sent 3 hours after your initial posting, I said I would pay more. The participants on this site love these cars and respect other e9 coupe owners, and I doubt that any of them would wish you to get less than fair compensation, in the event that you finally decide to sell. If you do so decide, I'm all ears.

Don

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
My I also recommend that you let Alan and Sven

Do a PPI of your car so you know the good and bad, and get a better feel of the value of your car.

bubukitty

Reaction score
I agree with the other comments posted and concur with your thoughts on taking the time you need to figure out if you want to keep your coupe or sell it. When you arrive at your decision, I will look forward to a message from you. Here are my thoughts....if you decide to sell and put a price out there, the price you accept should be the best price to you and not a first come first serve. Many on the forum may not be able to respond as quickly as some of the others. You should get the most money for your car, so give everyone at least 24-48 hours to respond and make their offer and set a cut-off date/time. So, if you decide to price it at $35,000 OBO (for example), then those that respond can either offer you a price below, at or above your asking price. Then, take the best offered price you get. I agree with BFeng that doing a PPI on your car will help you price it right, and help those that are interested make heads or tales on what they are getting. Just my two cents.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I completely get it, it is called seller's remorse.

I am the poster boy, owned 10 cars in this country and never sold one.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, take some time and press the restart button. All this attention seems to mean you have a great coupe in your garage. You may want to keep it there.
Steve

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bryce - not sure if you have checked your PM's lately. We are hosting a local coupe gathering in Medina this Saturday morning the 22nd. If you still have your coupe we would love to see it and meet you. PM me for details.

Bryceha

Reaction score
Thank-you all for your advice on selling my Coupe. I have had a PPI performed, and have posted it along with my responses on the pictures link:

http://sdrv.ms/14oqzkc

I have added pictures of some of the items to document. I plan to put the car on eBay motors this Wednesday, July 3 at 7pm PDT, with an auction end time of 7pm PDT the following Wednesday, July 10.

Bryce

tmason

Reaction score
IMHO I would offer it 1st and by pass Ebay option for now.For one it would be going to a person who wants this car not to someone trying to turn a buck?Good luck with your sell.