'72 FS at Auto-Europe

acat2002

Reaction score
contrary to the S**T on eBay mentioned in my earlier post, here is something offered by Michigan-consigner "Auto-Europe".

http://auto-europe-sales.ebizautos.com/webdetail.aspx?iid=3899509

I don't know this car, but it looks fairly decent in the pictures and I've purchased cars from Auto-Europe in the past and they are pretty much a straight-shooting bunch.

They sold another E9 last year (think it was a Euro Polaris CSI) that was pretty decent for $18k.

Bertocchi

Reaction score
I believe this was the second time the car was listed on Ebay and ended a "no sale". It got to $13.4 k. I emailed them after the last auction and asked for a sale price and received no response?

Kaiser

Reaction score
contrary to the S**T on eBay mentioned in my earlier post, here is something offered by Michigan-consigner "Auto-Europe".

http://auto-europe-sales.ebizautos.com/webdetail.aspx?iid=3899509

I don't know this car, but it looks fairly decent in the pictures and I've purchased cars from Auto-Europe in the past and they are pretty much a straight-shooting bunch.

They sold another E9 last year (think it was a Euro Polaris CSI) that was pretty decent for $18k.

I emailed them on this one - they want 22.3k for it... I think that's a bit much...

acat2002

Reaction score
WOW! $23k?

I guess that's what happens when the consigner needs their vig!
THe market will sort that out. Regardless, I had dealt with David L at A-E and found him to be pretty professional.

Kaiser-if you're interested, throw some money or at least a hard offer at them (whatever you think is the right price). Chances are nothing will happen right away. I'm sure they'll run the offer by the owner. Maybe nothing will happen right now, but they'll have your contact information on file so if they lower the asking price a month from now, you'd get a call.

Kaiser

Reaction score
WOW! $23k?

I guess that's what happens when the consigner needs their vig!
THe market will sort that out. Regardless, I had dealt with David L at A-E and found him to be pretty professional.

Kaiser-if you're interested, throw some money or at least a hard offer at them (whatever you think is the right price). Chances are nothing will happen right away. I'm sure they'll run the offer by the owner. Maybe nothing will happen right now, but they'll have your contact information on file so if they lower the asking price a month from now, you'd get a call.

Well.... I'm thinking that's so far out of the ballpark of the pricerange I was looking for that he'll probably just delete my email. Thing is, the paint looks to be a so-so redo and oddly... this car was up on ebay a few weeks ago and it had some additional pictures of some rust forming on parts of the body. Those pictures are no longer in the published collection. It didn't look TERRIBLE, but it was there. I've seen some better looking examples for less.

We'll see what happens. Thanks for the thought!

JWhitney

Reaction score
72 bmw 3.0 cs

I also saw this car on ebay. I called and emailed them and left messages, but they never called back. As I recall, the car had a so-so respray paint job in a non-original color, and it looked like a steering wheel out of a later model BMW.

It does, however have a couple of features I want in a coupe, being a manual transmission and a factory sunroof. I think the price will be a problem at $23K.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
I emailed them this week and the price I was quoted was $24K... Hurry up or it will be $25.3K by next week! Get it while you can!

Bertocchi

Reaction score
Perhaps there should be a "Sticky Note" thread which logs asking and selling prices? It could also rate condition (1-5)?
Sellers can ask whatever they want and I am sure owners have considerable funds tied up in their respective cars but those facts don't determine market value.

acat2002

Reaction score
Perhaps there should be a "Sticky Note" thread which logs asking and selling prices? It could also rate condition (1-5)?
Sellers can ask whatever they want and I am sure owners have considerable funds tied up in their respective cars but those facts don't determine market value.
Indeed, as many of us have opined here before.

Better yet, anyone on this board that has seen this car, or requested information on this car (or any other E9) could contribute the factual data to the (under developmet) E9 registry. Asking price/sales price would be a nice field to include with the E9 Registry, but since I'm not the one developing it, I'll respectfully leave it up to DanG! A true and accurate database of asking price/sale price would be extremely helpful, but there would always be questions of accuracy.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score

Far too complicated for this board i'm afraid... Would be quite valuable though!

lol!

Ran