73 Cs - Craiglist Chicago

TG-2002-320i-328ci

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this one?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ctd/2528745947.html

I wrote the seller and received a few more photos.

• Navy interior - lots of cracking and tears
  • Automatic
  • Engine compartment is a bit dirty
  • Some bubbling on the trunk - especially near the 3.0cs numbering
I'm looking for a restoration candidate (and prefer a 5 speed CSi with sunroof) - $11,000 seems quite high.

d-ace

Reaction score
There was a few CSI’s around $6,000 to $8,000 on here a few months ago. Not much to look at although both CSI’s were for less than $11,000 and restoration projects. See photos.

Attachments

• #13.jpg
    #13.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 248
  • RUSTED CSI for $8000.jpg
    RUSTED CSI for $8000.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 234

waynesie

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. My first post.

This is the same car that is on the bimmer forum (mislabeled 1793) and posted here a week or so ago.

I contacted the seller about a month ago. She sent me more pictures, but had not decided on a price. It was at the shop, no mention why, but I don't think it was for a restoration.

It is an automatic, carbs, bad front seats, and some rust. Also looks like the front bumper is down on the passenger side. Engine compartment picture look very oxidized. Paint looks nice-ish compared the engine bay, bubbling paint on the trunk lid, not sure what is hiding bellow.

She finally sent me her asking price, $29k. I was floored, thanked her for her time and told her I would pass. Must not have found anyone else that would take it at that price.

I never did get the VIN or pictures of the sills, floor and finders. I can share pictures if someone wants too see them.

Wayne

TG-2002-320i-328ci

Site Donor $
Reaction score
CSi Wanted

Well - count me as someone who wants to buy a CSi or CS restoration project. I'm 40, no kids, no wife, and make a good living. I don't like boats so I guess I need to blow some money on something and I have wanted a 3.0 since I was 16.

I've bid on several of the recent Ebay CSi's - most recently that beautiful blue one that was owned by a Disney employee.

However, that car was almost too nice. I would prefer one with a low-rust body and not concerned about the engine as I am thinking of retro-fitting a more modern engine into the car.

No, I am not a purist by any means.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well - count me as someone who wants to buy a CSi or CS restoration project. I'm 40, no kids, no wife, and make a good living. I don't like boats so I guess I need to blow some money on something and I have wanted a 3.0 since I was 16.

Good luck with the search, California is the place to look for it.

PS: I was almost tempted to say marry me...