73 CS what is the light that is under the steering cover near ignition

Jendon2

Reaction score
73 CS Need some ideas. what is the light that is under the steering cover near ignition.. when I took the lower steering cover off this light with long wire hung down ..what is it .. where does it go or fit before I put the lower steering cover back on?

Thanks

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is a light that illuminates the ignition so you can see where to stick the key into.
Mine works and it is a nice quirky touch.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don't know where it fits but it illuminates the fan, heat, and vent control panel in my coupe.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It fits into a slot in the upper portion of the aluminum steering cover. There is a small opening between the key and the turn signal stalk. The back of this opening has a beveled plane, that i believe the light is supposed to reflect off of towards the center console. I find it not very effective. After a while you learn which HVAC levers to move without looking.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You can see the little sliver of orange-ish light below the key - it lights up when the parking lights are on.

IMG_1568.JPG

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It fits into a slot in the upper portion of the aluminum steering cover. There is a small opening between the key and the turn signal stalk. The back of this opening has a beveled plane, that i believe the light is supposed to reflect off of towards the center console. I find it not very effective. After a while you learn which HVAC levers to move without looking.

Interesting, my key chain obstructs it so I may have never realized that it points that way.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A rather rare item- in German it is called a prisma, in English it is a Prism.
I believe it is made of pure unabtanium. Think of it as a unique attribute of the e3 and e9 models

Philippe db

Reaction score
I don't know where it fits but it illuminates the fan, heat, and vent control panel in my coupe.

It indeed does. I was so happy when I got mine to work. Really super nice feature. Only stupid thing you have to drive in the dark to enjoy it and that doesn't happen much.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One member of the group asked for one. I had none and asked my cousin to make another 5. He made 17.
They are $16 each in the USA