'73 3.0CS - M88 Jerez Schwarz build

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
New lips from Felgen Fuchs in Germany. Great quality and speedy service for made to order items!

Sealed up the front pair. I think these will suit the car perfectly.

8KFnsBN.jpg

Also grabbed an Alpina wheel from Daddywad which was promptly cleaned up and restored.

a1KkcJv.jpg

TEQZYab.jpg

Other than that, been stripping off some of the sound deadening on the strut towers and poking holes in the metal work. No pictures of that, there's enough rust on the forum as it is!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great job on the steering wheel! I like the wheels also but I wouldn’t run Alpina center caps.

tmason

Reaction score
Just wondering what it cost to rewrap a wheel in the U.K. ? Ps run what ever wheel caps you want it's yours :)
Mine had a Dodge front bumper as a airdam and it looked pretty good to me ;)

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just wondering what it cost to rewrap a wheel in the U.K. ? Ps run what ever wheel caps you want it's yours :)
Mine had a Dodge front bumper as a airdam and it looked pretty good to me ;)
Roughly £150-200 i've been quoted. And thats the plan! I don't intend on selling it so originality isnt a big concern or care for me. Lost all the originality with the manual swap anyway

Great job on the steering wheel! I like the wheels also but I wouldn’t run Alpina center caps.

Thanks! To be honest i'm still chopping and choosing ideas, and had these spare. Dont like the compomotive centres, might keep them on, might not. We'll see.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ps run what ever wheel caps you want it's yours :)

I agree, whatever works or whatever you have on hand. I brought it up because I just went through the process. I also have 20 spoke wheels that look kind of like Alpinas but aren’t really Alpinas.

Thanks! To be honest i'm still chopping and choosing ideas, and had these spare. Dont like the compomotive centres, might keep them on, might not. We'll see.

I think they look great but wheels are like shoes. Everyone needs at least a few sets. You have options for face swaps which is njce. My wheels have a proprietary size face.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think they look great but wheels are like shoes. Everyone needs at least a few sets. You have options for face swaps which is njce. My wheels have a proprietary size face.

What wheels are you running?

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
16x7, 16x8 Weds Bavaria’s (two piece)

20 bolt? These wheels are 16" 20 bolt Compomotives, but BBS Motorsport hardware fits perfectly. The lips were made to order by Felgen Fuchs in Germany.

Image wheels here in the UK also make custom centres if you ever fancy a change.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
20 bolt? These wheels are 16" 20 bolt Compomotives, but BBS Motorsport hardware fits perfectly. The lips were made to order by Felgen Fuchs in Germany.

Image wheels here in the UK also make custom centres if you ever fancy a change.

Yeah unfortunately Weds don’t use BBS motorsport parts. Hardy & Becks do though. I can still have lips made for $150 a corner. I’m just happy to have newer tires frankly. I’m not sure about you but I can see the road when I look at my feet. Even the rusty cars tend to look pretty on the outside so it’s easy to devote time to wheels and what not. :D

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately Weds don’t use BBS motorsport parts. Hardy & Becks do though. I can still have lips made for $150 a corner. I’m just happy to have newer tires frankly. I’m not sure about you but I can see the road when I look at my feet. Even the rusty cars tend to look pretty on the outside so it’s easy to devote time to wheels and what not. :D

I can see the tyres from the cockpit if that counts?

I'm just getting all the bits mocked up on the car before it gets all stripped down. Next on the list is the suspension, which is going to be a GAZ coilover set up, and billet aluminium calipers + 2 piece brake discs with aluminium bells from Hispec

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Bit of modification to the light buckets

bTDZUpi.jpg

Means that with some hacking of the lights, E30 Projectors fit. E28 Euro inner light surrounds, uses the original E9 light adjusters with the upper adjuster moved to the bottom.

asT4f6I.jpg

Need to work out a location for the headlight tension spring and weld tabs onto the rear projector housing as they stick out at a 90 and foul the E9 light tub.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
I think they look great but wheels are like shoes. Everyone needs at least a few sets. You have options for face swaps which is njce. My wheels have a proprietary size face.[/QUOTE]

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sampling the Alpina type spoiler from Zaprace.

Yb7Z5Fd.jpg

The eagle eyed amongst you can also see my projectors now fitted inside the E30 Ellipsoid lights.
dEbBr9n.jpg

Made a start on the passenger side light too.

hSiXQMj.jpg

aaHzsyE.jpg

qZSPZ5E.jpg