74 3.0CS (3.5L) on BaT

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
1974_bmw_3-0cs_1534181752ec4113abb22e10074E9Coupe1-940x705.jpg

I thought there was a thread about this one already, but I can't find it. Does anyone else feel this one is not getting a lot of exposure on BaT? I've had to search for the auction listing several times. It seems other recent coupes were right up at the top of the list in the larger format for more to see. I guess that the order of displays might have something to do with view and click algorithms - so it might not be a conspiracy. ;)

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-bmw-3-0cs-11/

Sharp car. Would like to see the bids increase - it has been stuck at $50k for a while. Ends on Monday.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The bidding has plateaue’d and will fire up again in three days. I’m in love with that engine. @Sven - I have cam sensor questions for you. :)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
ask away - cam sensors

Thanks Sven! I was just wondering where you installed the sensor, and what sensor you used. I’ve seen setups that leverage the distributor area for the sensor, but you still have the distributor in this car.

I’m absolutely in love with Michael’s car, particularly the motor. :D

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
On the b35 head the sensor is tapped into the upper timing cover pointed at a small tab/pin brazed onto the adjustable cam sprocket. On the older style b30 head front cover I have a small pin near the end of the cam shaft (or maybe in the little gear thing that normally drives the distributor).

Is it a Cherry hall sensor.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
On the b35 head the sensor is tapped into the upper timing cover pointed at a small tab/pin brazed onto the adjustable cam sprocket. On the older style b30 head front cover I have a small pin near the end of the cam shaft (or maybe in the little gear thing that normally drives the distributor).

At $65k with 21 hours to the finish line. Getting interesting.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

Thank you sir! The EMS that I will be using only supports 4cyl sequential, it isn’t a priority. I just wanted to understand the tech. I didn’t realize that the B35 has a hall sensor.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

i am curious why the engine has a b35 head on a 10:1 b34. my understanding is that head will cost lower the compression of a 10:1 b34 block. i do get the better springs / valves in the b35

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
68k w/ 15 hours to go. i expect this to take some big jumps in about 14 hours. i am predicting 80k+

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i am curious why the engine has a b35 head on a 10:1 b34. my understanding is that head will cost lower the compression of a 10:1 b34 block. i do get the better springs / valves in the b35

Try this- b34 block with b35 pistons and head.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
That was exciting? I'm wondering why it went up to $125K then back down to $107K. Not sure how BAT works...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok nevermind, I swear this auction broke my browser. Getting very funky caching issues and flip flopping of information.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Strange - it says $107K on my laptop (even after clearing the cache), and $125K on my phone.