'74 Bavaria for sale in Seattle

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not a bad looking car. Auto and big bumpers, no sunroof (matter of opinion) hurt it a bit. For the price, still some wiggle room to fix first two items (these can add up fast if in not so great shape, just like a coupe). So 15K not terrible for good bones. Seats needing repair, but overall, if truly as rust free as stated, nice car. I like the CCA owner with the BMWCCA early badge. Deal breaker is no small red screwdriver...just kidding. Paying 3rd party premium too.

Last edited:

bluebmw

Reaction score
Hey everyone, the owner here. I'll be happy to answer any questions/concerns you may have. To address the above comments:

The car is listed on my company's website (The Paddock, linked above) for more exposure and hi-res photo hosting, but it's a private party sale, meaning no third party premium, middleman, etc. If you have any suggestions on places to list the car, I'm all ears!

Rust: It's truly as rust-free as it gets. I've had many vintage BMWs and I'm very picky when it comes to rust. This car was owned by a UC Berkeley professor for most of its life, and since it has been in WA, it's been stored in a climate-controlled shop. Any interested parties are welcome to inspect the car, but I assure you, this Bav is solid as they come.

Bumpers: While the car has factory big bumpers, smaller chrome 73 bumpers will be included, although I couldn't bring myself to swap them out - the car is just too darn original.

AC: The ad says the AC is untested, because I have truthfully never turned it on. It could very well work great, but I need to check when I get a chance. The car isn't driven in blistering hot weather, and it's white, so generally it stays pretty cool with the windows cracked.

For $15k you can either buy one of the cleanest Bavarias out there, or a rust-bucket E9 roller needing $30k+ in work.

Joe Barthlow

Reaction score
Welcome bluebmw. I hope your Bavaria finds a good home, preferably in the NW. Not many E3s around here.

What is up with BMW screwdrivers?! The only tools missing in my kit!

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For $15k you can either buy one of the cleanest Bavarias out there, or a rust-bucket E9 roller needing $30k+ in work.

Welcome......GLWS. I agree with what you say here (But in regards to the E9, more like $30K++++++++++++++ in work), so true. It looks identical (other than bumpers) to the one my father bought new in 72' that I grew up in until high school. The nicely kept Chamonix's will always have a little special place in my heart.

Oh, call Carl Nelson at La Jolla Independent in CA. and switch out that Sahara sticker, that is crazy....definitely no Sahara there, first I've seen that obvious of a goof on the paint sticker. Crazy.

bluebmw

Reaction score
Oh, call Carl Nelson at La Jolla Independent in CA. and switch out that Sahara sticker, that is crazy....definitely no Sahara there, first I've seen that obvious of a goof on the paint sticker. Crazy.

Call me crazy, but the wrong color code sticker is actually a great talking point, so I never messed with it. Easy enough to swap out, so I'll that decision leave it up to the next owner.

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Hasn't this one been for sale for a really long time? I seem to recall this one from several years ago.

bluebmw

Reaction score
Back up for sale, and now asking just $9900 including a spare set of early/euro chrome bumpers. Need the space and money for another project!