74 E9 on BAT

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score

Looks nice, but sheesh, can't clean it a bit better?

No money shots though.

Thinking $45k RNM.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the malaga color looks a bit dark / off. perhaps a repaint / perhaps its just bad photography

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Lots of little things off or missing on the car. Entire trunk area is sketchy. I think the white car listed for $28k on CL Fla may be a better buy in many respects. My WAG is it won't meet reserve.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
the malaga color looks a bit dark / off. perhaps a repaint / perhaps its just bad photography
Agreed it looks darker. Definitely repainted. What I can’t figure is why repaint it slightly darker and still paint the trunk, jambs, and engine compartment so sloppily. I’m also amazed that BAT would accept this car with such crappy driveway and garage pictures. The antithesis off their “guidelines” on taking proper photos. I want to write “Wash Me” across some of the pictures.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
That color sure looks like Aubergine to me (my favorite E39 color)...

36802348.jpg

1974_bmw_3-0cs_1581100249bfd61DSC_0190-620x413.jpg

My V8 914 is Malaga. I repainted the body, but the trunks and jambs were too nice to repaint so they are original. Not at all the same color as this E9

48094961548_ecf1eb4d90_c.jpg

48832263531_7f864e55fe_c.jpg

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Although the paint code on the E9 is Malaga, the fact that it is a complete respray (and a rather poor one at that) tells me it was color changed to Augergine (or something similar).

Most of the "dirt" appears to be cloud reflections. A bad choice of days/places to photograph it.

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I meant to post my 914 only to show that the E9 on BaT described as Malaga was not. I don't want to hijack this thread. Besides, this is a BMW forum!

If you want more info or pics of my 914, or if you want to know of a good 914 forum, PM me.

Thanks.

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Just paged through the parts and service receipts, most discouraging!